41 : Last Laugh

⚠️WARNING⚠️
Blood
Gore
Slight cannibalism
___________

There were footsteps behind him. Multiple of them. When he first left the thrift store, and looked up at the colorless gray sky, he felt them watching him. They followed him down the street. At first, they were at a distance, but as the crowd of people slowly dispersed like dribbling water droplets, the more confident the group got, the closer they trailed behind him.

From ruffians, to thieves, to a ruthless band of kidnappers. Confident low-life's living up high on the ranks, finally laying back with their feet kicked up on the lawn chairs and sipping their cocktails made from blood money and children's screams. Disgusting as they are, they amuse him. The way they flounder behind him, acting as the wolves trailing Little Red Riding Hood. Tasting his blood and body on their stout, drooling muzzles. But they are a bunch of stray, rabid puppies compared to him. Let them be cocky, let them believe they have it all, and then he'll rip it all away from them.

Fine, I'll play your game.

Gregory's fingers tapped languidly against his shorts. An innocent smile played on his face. This was far too easy. The only problem was that this band of sludge bore arms. He heard the clicking of hand guns hidden on their belts and behind their coats. No matter.

And I'll deliver exactly what you're asking for.

He took easy steps into a secluded, dark area. He heard their eager steps get closer to him, like sailors lured by a siren, finding this moment to be the perfect time to pounce.

"Hey, kid!" A cheerful, raspy voice called.

Golden eyes flicked to the group. There were six of them in total. They stood behind what seemed to be their leader, a woman with murky eyes. Her vibrant, red lipstick stuck against her lips in a quite unpleasant way, like red paint on an oily surface. An annoyance at best, a threat at worst. Let's see how they choose to make their next move.

"You look lost, how about we help you find your parents?" she beckoned him, holding out her hand with long nails. His eyes glanced at the hand with a blank look before staring back at her with dark, golden eyes. Her already strained smile faltered slightly at his complete lack of response. "I'm talking to ya, kid."

Her voice took a slightly threatening edge, becoming a tad colder as her already sparse patience seemed to waver. "We'll even give you candy if you come, doesn't that sound nice?"

"..." His silence already explained his bored disinterest. The candy trick. The oldest one in the book. Don't speak to strangers, kids! Even if they offer you candy! His eyebrow twitched. The vile woman only furrowed her eyebrows at him, a scornful expression appeared on her face, showing all of her ugly colors of sticky red lipstick and chipped, black nail polish.

"This isn't an offer where you can make a choice, you little snobbish brat," she sneered at him. "You're coming with us whether you like it or not, so why don't you be a good boy and listen to me instead."

She took a threatening step forward, her eyes gleaming. "Besides, we might let you go if your family offers a nice paycheck to us for kindly returning their beloved brat."

He only coldly narrowed his eyes at her. His frown deepened. The audacity of these humans is incredible! Astounding, even! He would be laughing at their absolute idiocracy if it wasn't actually irritating him to a certain degree. That cocky grin, that mocking tone of voice, that confident posture. Who does she think she is? Some hot shot who thinks she has it all by picking defenseless children up from the streets and selling them? She'd be better off selling her idea of a joke and making him laugh, then this band of clowns. Maybe then would he actually give her the time of day.