28 : Warning

In the Pizzaplex, a mall-like building riddled with AI systems, you'd think it would be hard to control such data links and security measures. It's a large place, it not only has money, but it is full of secrets, secrets that have been long since swiped from all data files and bargained to keep hidden.
It was information people would pay millions for.

But, what if you had in your hands, you held a cyber virus? Think about what you could do with it. It's a small, little data piece that passes right under the noses of detection, and once it spreads, it grows and grows to the masses, corrupting and collecting data and creating new products and outputs.

And once they realize such a virus is infecting the system, there is nothing they could do. They could try and remove all connections, but the virus has already spread far enough to bypass any other obstacle in its way. In the pizzaplex, everything is connected by links and handles... and that's one of its greatest downfalls.

Control one asset, and you can control them all.

_____________

The Atrium was large. There could be multiple, a hundred ways you could describe it. But what it mainly was, it was a crossroad. You can enter one way and go out the other. It wasn't hard to navigate through if you could read many signs and indicators. But (y/n) couldn't do such a thing, she didn't understand.

Maybe that's why she got so lost easily, maybe that's why she felt so confused and alone all the time, maybe that's why she felt so small in such a dark place, maybe that's why all the atrocities happened that night.

She depended on people to help her, because she was just a child, of course. But that was her fatal mistake. Children shouldn't be here, on the night of this war, in the crossfire between two different powers. Even from the very start, this night was a game of who had more wit, more blood, and more superiority.

Perhaps it was because she came at the wrong place, the wrong time, and met the wrong people. But none of that matters anymore, because now the spotlight is on her. And what will she do, when those eyes are pinned on her, those glamorous, wicked eyes?

You have only met a few contestants so far. But at the Atrium, the crossroads, the point of no turning back when you have chosen a path. Are you ready to finally play this twisted game, little one?

She was heading to that large stage area. This is the same place where all of this happened, when Freddy malfunctioned and fell to the floor. Despite it happening a few hours ago, to her, it felt like years. The events of this night felt like it was nearly her whole life.

She was still shaken up from that dream she had, and found her eyes trailing around her, desperate to see if her parents would jump out and laugh, saying it was all a joke. She preferred that, all of this being a cruel joke, than the reality she was living with.

Just ahead of her was the entrance to the main Atrium! She rapidly trudged in. Her eyes flicked all around the area. Looking for a certain bear animatronic, he said he'd be here, he said to find him here? So where is he? Her arms started to tremble when she saw no sign of him.

"I know you're here..."

She froze up, her whole body broke out into a cold sweat. She slowly turned towards the direction of that slightly familiar, robotic voice. It was... that wolf animatronic. She didn't see the little girl yet because she was facing a different direction, but she was striding through the tables, those neon yellow eyes carefully analyzing everything. Looking for someone.

Looking for her.

The little girl jumped behind a photo booth as soon as the wolf spun around in her direction. The animatronics pointing yellow eyes stared holes into the ground the girl was standing on just moments ago. Maybe the wolf was bluffing that it knew she was here, but the girl couldn't help but feel the creeping anxiety rise in her at the thought of the animatronic realizing she was there.