19 : Not Our Final Goodbye

He smelled strongly of blood. His grip was like iron bands, completely surrounding her like a veil. He was pulling her closer, and closer. The girl's hesitant fingers brushed through his hair. She couldn't tell why this bad feeling tickled up her spine, the pointed legs of a spider.

(Y/n) was never really a claustrophobic person, she always played games that required her to stick in small spaces, giggling to herself, hoping she would never be found. But this felt like no game of hide and seek. The compressional force around her didn't feel that way at all.

Why does it feel so... wrong? Why was her perception of him starting to warp?

As quick as it started, it ended. Gregory pulled away from her, but he still remained very close. Her clothes were stained with his blood, which was beginning to cool and stick against her skin, the girl shifted uncomfortably at the thought and feeling of it.

The boy's eyes were alert. Because in the distance he heard what sounded like footsteps, something started to buzz lightly in his head the more they approached. Was it Vanessa? It was growing louder, like mosquitos, an itchy feeling crawled up his body. This wasn't a normal occurrence, what was making this awful feeling? It felt like something was pounding his head, hard.

The more the footsteps approached, the heavier he felt, he didn't even know it was possible for him to experience more of such a feeling. He flinched back from the little girl, gripping his head as the buzzing sound became deafening. His vision was blurring and his ocular systems freaked out, colors flashed before his dilating pupils.

The girl's voice rang through his ears, concerned and frightened at his sudden outburst. There had to be something messing with him, but he wondered what could be powerful enough to render him like this.

He knocked back from the table and into the wall, flinching his eyes shut as he pressed in himself. He snapped his mouth tightly, gritting his teeth. He refused to break and holler out in pain, it will only attract unwanted attention. His wound bled fire from his shoulder.

As fast as the footsteps came, they had passed. The awful and indescribable feeling had left quickly, like a switch was clicked. But to Gregory, it felt like hours rushed by in his agony. The boy panted roughly, he was in no shape to continue on and pretend he was fine.

He looked at the girl, who backed away with fear in her eyes. It took a moment to process that this fear was directed towards him, but he couldn't tell if it was fearful concern or...

"Gregory, are you ok-"

"(Y/n), you need to go," the boy cut her off abruptly. He felt a tight feeling rise in his chest, like he was going to vomit. He never thought he would utter those words ever, but he did. She can't stay in one place. He doesn't trust anybody that could potentially find her her. He doesn't trust anybody in this building. Not even Freddy.

"Gregory, you can't go! You are hurt badly, you can't even walk-"

"Not me."

"What?"

"Go without me (y/n), find Freddy and go with him."

(Y/n)'s eyes glistened at his statement. All the bad thoughts about him evaporated at his words as she remembered all that time she spent with him in this nightmarish place. When they hid from Chica and he held her safely, at the daycare when he put himself in danger so she could get away.

He sacrificed his own safety for hers. Why was she even doubting him? Guilt festered drly in her throat. Why can she never seem to do the same for him?

"I can't leave you behind, Gregory, it's not right!"

Gregory chuckled weakly at her statement. Ah, why is she so stubborn all of the sudden? He huffed out noisily, she should know that he won't let up easily, either.