44 : Stalemate

Her eyes were already flicking around and behind the giant animatronic for an escape route as she took a quick step back from him. Behind her was a dead end to the theater, and if she passed through the secret entrance that led to the hidden back crevice of the daycare, she was sure the Daycare Attendant would find her. Whether it would be Moon or Sun, she didn't want either to capture her again. The alligator noticed her fluttering eye movement, and another chuckle hissed out from deep within his mechanical chest.

Another step shook the ground as he approached, and then another, and another. His clawed feet scraped against the ground, and this was what the girl imagined meeting a blood thirsty dinosaur felt like. His eyes were the color of blood oranges, slitted and fierce. She'd rather be in a pool of real alligators than in this theater corridor with him. It was almost like he could smell her fear from the way his toothy grin grew more and more crooked each step he stomped forward.

In a flash, he roughly jolted forward and grabbed her from beneath her arms, hoisting her up like she was a doll. She yelped as her feet lifted up from the ground as he held her up high. She felt his black claws dig into her rib cage, and her heart pounded. He cocked his head to the side, that sharp grin still on his long U-shaped snout. She breathed in shakily as he silently observed her. She had multiple bruises on her body, her eyes were dull and fearful. He'd known many kids who were scared of him for the sake of being scared, but she was scared of him because she'd been in this similar scenario before but with multiple different antagonizers.

That simply won't do, he should be different from the others. She should be more scared of him than the others, he had to be on the top of her little hierarchical pyramid of fear. He had to. His reptilian eyes curled up as he shifted his grip on her, carrying her like she was a petrified rabbit. She practically was one compared to the likes of him. He spun around and took humongous stomps across the theater floor.

"Moonie caught ya, eh?" Monty chuckled as he never took his burning eyes off of her. She didn't dare speak, look down, or shift her gaze away from the animatronic. "I bet he spooked you real bad. Old Moonie hasn't been taught some manners."

Monty smiled wider as he pulled her closer to his scaly face. "Don't worry, girl. I am so much worse than him!"

The girl felt her limbs become numb with fear. Wherever this robot was taking her, she knew she would be lucky to escape in one piece. She wished she could fight back, she wished she could do anything else than wait for impending doom. She wished that somebody would help her. She wouldn't care who it would be. Whether it was Gregory and his hellish presence. Whether it was Moon and his selfish ways. Whether it was Sun and his manic compulsions. Whether it was-

She heard metallic stomping that was not from Monty. It was rapidly making its way towards the two. It shook the ground like it was made of rubber instead of tile. The girl couldn't look behind her, but she saw Monty's eyes quickly grow wary and dangerous at the new set of footsteps. She heard the stomping grow slower and then come to a complete stop some feet away from the alligator and her.

She heard metal scrape against metal from behind her. Strange and scratchy sounds came from the newcomer. A low growling sound filled the air, she couldn't tell if it was coming from Monty or the thing behind her. In her head, she pictured some Frankenstein creature made with ruptured and twisted metal parts that was slowly falling apart. The thought made her shiver all the way to her little toes.

"Monty."

Primal and guttural, deep from within his chest. It vibrated through the air like little buzzes from a hive of wasps, his replaced voice box made his tone have a sinister edge to it. Her breath caught in her throat and Monty's eyebrow raised. Freddy. It was Freddy. How'd he find her? Why was he not in Parts and Service? She looked down at her wrist and looked down at her Fazwatch, one that she sometimes forgot was on her wrist, and felt her eyes widened. If she clicked the button, he could track her. But can he still track her even without the button? The thought made her paranoid. She looked up from the cracked and dusty screen of the watch and to Monty's smile that practically grinded his razor teeth together as he glared at Freddy, irritated and amused at the same time.