𝐒𝐢𝐱

"Watch your ste-" Liam started. Because of the drinks in my system and my delayed reactions from lack of sobriety, I tripped on the little ledge at the condo entrance.

Liam had to quickly turn around to catch me, holding my hips tight like he had done earlier that night. I looked up at him, and he looked down at me.

We stood like that for a moment, just staring at each other. I know it sounds cliche, but it felt like everything had slowed down.

"I'll..um, go make you a cup of coffee. Help you, uh, sober up." Liam stammered, letting me go. He turned back around and took off his jacket, throwing it down on a chair.

I walked further into the condo, the door closing behind me. I was amazed at how nice it was. Ceiling to floor windows with remote controlled blinds, a big flat screen tv, stools by the kitchen bar, leather couches, and a hallway that looked like it led to other rooms all decorated and accented the house in black, white and gray tones.

I followed him in the direction of the kitchen and sat down at one of the stools. He glanced over his shoulder to look at me, but then placed a mug of coffee, creamer and sugar by its side on the counter.

"Thank you." I said, smiling down at it. I proceeded to pour in sugar and cream, but stopped when I saw a very judgemental looking Liam before me.

"What?"

"Are you serious? Would you like some coffee with your cream and sugar?" He asked, smirking slightly. I playfully scoffed.

"Okay, fine. How do you drink your coffee, then? Black?" I asked. When he didn't respond, I shook my head.

"That's disgusting. Black coffee is so bitter."

"Yeah. At least I don't have to drink mine like a child. I'm an adult." He said, crossing his arms over his chest. I raised my eyebrows.

"Oh, sure you are." I commend, taking a sip from the mug I was holding. He nodded, watching me drink. I could see his eyes travel down from my jawline to my neck. I had to put the mug down, afraid I would drop it from how he was looking at me. He noticed and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Uh, do you want some clothes to sleep in? I have t shirts, sweats, shorts..." He offered. I shook my head.

"I already feel bad coming into your home and sleeping here. You don't have to get me clothes, too." I said. He shrugged.

"Trust me. It's not a problem." Liam confirmed, keeping eye contact with me until he left the kitchen.

I sipped on the coffee some more as he got me some pj's, looking around the condo again. I noticed a glass sliding door, which led out to some type of patio.

Setting the mug back down on the counter, I walked over and saw a jacuzzi placed in the middle of a patio by some chairs to lay out, a beautiful view of the city behind it. I knew I probably shouldn't just be wandering around, but I couldn't help to watch and admire the view.

"Wanna go for a swim?" Someone asked, their voice close behind me. I jumped a little, but relaxed when I saw it was just Liam.

"You scared me." I whispered, catching my breath. He stifled a laugh.

"The offers on the table..." He went on.

I still smelled alcohol. He was drunk, and I was sober enough to be at his level.

"Staying the night, drinking your coffee, wearing your clothes, and a dip in the jacuzzi? Seems a little much..." I said, a joking tone present in my voice.

"It's not a bother." Liam shook his head, smiling. He held out the pajamas to me, and both of our bodies were still pretty close.

"Maybe next time." I said, taking the clothes from his hand. My entire body was pressed up on the glass behind me. I was afraid that if I moved any closer, our bodies would be pressed up against one another.

"So, there's gonna be a next time?" He asked. I raised my eyebrows and shook my head.

"Oh. Sorry, I didn't mean.."

"It's fine, Gabrielle."

I loved how he called me by my full name. Everyone in my life either calls me Gabs or Gabby. He called me Gabrielle, and he was the only one who did.

"We should probably get to bed before I make any other decisions I'll regret tomorrow." Liam said. I nodded my head, but neither of us moved.

Our bodies and faces were so close. And, I knew it was wrong, but I was attracted to him, and I could only hope he was attracted to me. I would never admit it, but in that moment, I wanted to kiss Mr. Wolf so badly.

"The guest bedrooms on the left." He said, breathy. I nodded.

"Thank you."

I walked past him before I made any of my own regretful decisions myself.