𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

I woke up the next morning to the smell of bacon and eggs.

Even the bedroom had big windows, and I could see the sun and busy Sunday morning traffic down in the city below. I carefully got out of the covers and made the bed before leaving the room. The least I could do was make sure the room looked as neat as it did from before I messed it up.

Last night, I slept in one of Liam's shirts and a pair of his shorts. The shorts were so long I had to roll up the waist band a couple of times to make them more comfortable and just past my butt. The shirt was big enough to the point where it didn't even look like I was wearing any shorts underneath.

I didn't sleep in my bra, but I didn't want Liam to see my boobs through the thin tshirt. So, I made sure to change into it before I walked into the kitchen.

When I did step in the kitchen, though, I saw Liam dancing to music playing on a random speaker. He didn't see me at first. I leaned up in the doorframe and laughed, and he jumped when he finally saw me.

Bacon was on the spatula he was holding, and he was about to put it on a white plate, but since I scared him, a piece ended up falling on the floor.

"Fuck!" He said, picking it up and throwing it in the trash.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." I said, still slightly laughing. He looked..cute.

"I didn't think you were awake yet." Liam said, turning off the speaker nearby.

"Clearly." I commented, smiling.

He turned off the stove, and as I walked closer to sit on one of the stools I sat on last night, I saw he had an entire breakfast made; bacon, eggs, and orange juice all laid out.

"You didn't have to make all of this." I said, looking down at everything. He reached up at a cabinet and grabbed another plate, starting to put eggs and bacon on it.

"I know. But I don't have company often unless it's Mariah, and she sleeps 'till three, so..."

He handed me a full plate and put a glass of o.j. in front of it. Then, he got his own plate and started eating across from me, not bothering to sit down.

"This was all...amazing. I don't know how to thank you. Seriously. I'll work overtime if you want me to." I said. It really was all amazing, and I was so greatful Liam did this all for me. Especially since we didn't exactly start off on the right foot.

"Don't worry about it. But..I do want to talk to you about last night." He said. I nodded my head, my mouth full of bacon.

"We were drunk. I'm sure we both said some stupid things. I just want to make it clear that...nothing can ever happen between us."

"Oh..." I said.

Not exactly what I was expecting.

It wasn't a dissapointed "oh". Obviously, I knew nothing could ever happen between us for multiple reasons. I just thought it was more clear than it seemed.

"I mean, you're a pretty girl. A very, very pretty girl." He continued. I put my fork down, knowing my face was turning red.

"Uh, thanks." I said.

"But I'm your boss. And I'm older than you, and I'm with Mariah..."

"Relax, Mr. Wolf. I get it. Trust me, I know we will never be..anything." I agreed.

And, in that moment, I saw Liam's whole demeanor change. He looked...offended.

"Alright. Fine." Liam shrugged, finishing his plate quickly and putting it in the sink. I drank the last sip of my orange juice and watched him start to leave the kitchen.

"Um, did I do something?" I asked.

It was so confusing. We were being so nice, and then he just went right back to the old Liam from when we first met.

"No. No, Gabrielle. You didn't." He said, looking back at me and putting his arms over his chest.

I nodded and got off of the stool, putting my plate in the sink as well. I made the decision to decide to pack up my stuff and leave. I didn't feel welcome anymore, and I already felt like I was intruding.

"Okay. I'm gonna call an uber to come get me." I said. He shook his head at first, but then walked over to his jacket. He reached into the pocket and pulled out his keys.

"I'll drive."

I shook my head.

"You've already done enough for me." I said, trying not to sound as rude as he was being.

"Just meet me in the car, Gabrielle." He told me, his voice starting to sound annoyed. I shook my head again.

"Okay, what the hell just happened?" I asked, putting my arms out.

Liam looked back at me. He looked like he wanted to say something, but instead he reached for the front door handle.

"I'll be waiting in the parking garage."

Fuck.