𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

I knew the car ride from the office to my house would be awkward. Just a silent ride, and Liam, alone in his car.

When I got up to his office, he was sitting there finishing filling out some random paperwork. He told me nonchalantly to take a seat, not looking up until he was done.

"You tired?" Liam asked, picking up a light coat he had off of the coat rack. I shook my head.

"Not really."

"Good. Let's go out." He said, opening the door and starting to head out. I quickly got up and followed close behind him.

"What? I can't. I have school tomorrow." I said. He looked over his shoulder, and then at the watch on his wrist.

"It's 7. I'll have you home by 9."

I rolled my eyes.

"Well, my mom will probably get worried." I tried. He chuckled and pressed the button for us to get on the elevator.

"I already called her and told her I'm keeping you late so we can work on a new company project." He said, showing how he was one step ahead of me and had an answer for everything.

The elevator opened up, and I followed him inside. He leaned up on the wall of the back of the elevator, staring at me like he was waiting for me to say something dumb.

"Where are we going?" I wondered. Again, he looked back at me over his shoulder.

"Out to eat. There's this restaurant..Rivoli's. Hope you like Italian food." He said.

"And why are we going there?" I wondered.

"You're hungry. I'm hungry. I'm not gonna send you home without dinner."

Bullshit. We weren't going out to eat because he was hungry. There was another reason, and clearly I wasn't going to get it out of him.

Yet.

We walked into the restaurant, and I was happy I slightly dressed up that day and wore a sundress due to the hot weather. It was upscale and definetly expensive, and I knew I would be paying half of what I made that week on my meal.

Liam's go to suit made him blend right in. He even nodded to a few people as the waitress brought us over to our table, signalizing he either knew them or recognized them.

We sat in silence at first after we ordered, but I couldn't bare it.

"Why are we here?" I asked, keeping my elbows off the table. Liam sighed at me.

"I told you. I'm hun-"

"Don't say because your hungry. Tell me the truth." I shook my head, cutting him off.

I felt my phone ding beneath me. I checked and saw it was a text from Dan, but I chose not to answer. Instead, I slid it back underneath my leg.

"If I tell you the truth, do you think you could handle it?" He asked me, putting his own elbows on the table and his hands in front of him.

I shifted in my seat, ignoring the flips my stomach was doing.

"I didn't like you hanging out with that guy. I got...jealous."

I didn't say anything. I tried reading Liam's expression to see if I could tell or not if he was joking, but he wasn't.

All of these butterflies I've been feeling, all of these forbidden thoughts...

Has he been feeling them, too?

"You don't have to say anything. You asked me for the truth, and I gave it." He finished. I nodded my head and crossed one leg over the other underneath the table.