𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

For some reason, all I could hear in my head was harsh vibrating that wouldn't go away no matter what I did. It was coming from the bedside table next to me, and I tried my best to wack whatever the vibrating was back to sleep.

I opened my eyes, the vibrating not going away, and saw it was my phone. When I groaned and picked it up, I saw several missed texted messages from Stacy and Daniel.

There were three texts from Stace.
"OMG. I saw your moms Facebook post about your dad. What the fuck?"
"Are you okay? I'm so sorry."
"He'll be fine, though! Need anything? Let's do brunch. I have just an 8am class, and I'm forcing you to take off if you haven't already! Call me!!"

Before I answered, though, I looked at the texts from Daniel.
"Heard about your dad."
"Let me know if you need anything or wanna talk."

I didn't respond to Daniel. He was a super nice guy, but there was no reason for me to lead him on any further if I knew I would rather be with Liam.

But, Stacy, on the other hand, was my best friend. I had to respond to her.

I told her I would be happy to go to brunch since I already took the rest of the week off. After I sent the text, I put my phone back down on the dresser and sighed. It wasn't until then when I realized the arms that were wrapped around my body, keeping me from getting out of bed.

I heard slight snores from behind me and a breath on my neck. I looked over and saw Liam, sleeping there peacefully. His hair was messed up, and mouth slightly open.

I tried my best to turn over, and in his sleep, he pulled me closer. I chuckled at him and gave him a light kiss, pulling away and seeing his eyes peel open. He smiled and pulled me in again, kissing me for a second time.

"Good morning." I smiled. Liam closed his eyes and rested his head peacefully on the pillow beneath us.

"You sleep alright?" He asked. I nodded my head, even though his eyes were still closed.

"Hard not to in a bed like this." I replied, nuzzling my head in his chest. I heard Liam sigh and get more comfortable.

I could lay here for hours. Wrapped up in the sheets and covers, Liam holding me securely right under him. It was heaven.

I started dozing off back to sleep, but felt Liam's hand stroking my hair. I yawned and looked up at him staring at me already.

"You're so fucking cute." He whispered, kissing my forehead.

It was difficult for the both of us to get out of bed, but we managed. Liam told me he had some errands to run, and he dropped me off at The Boston, a cafe just outside of the city where Stacy was waiting for me.

"Bitch! I've missed you so much!" Stacy said as soon as she saw me, standing up from her chair and putting her arms out to hug me. I smiled and hugged her back.

"How are you?" I asked, both of us sitting down across from each other. I took my sunglasses off and put them down on the table.

"I'm fine. I'm more interested about how you are. I mean, with everything going on with your dad." She said. I nodded my head, shrugging.

"My mom's staying with him in the hospital until he gets out. The doctor's say he's gonna be fine. I just have to trust them." I said. Stacy nodded, and put her hand out to wave a waiter over to us.

"Good evening, ladies. Can I get your started with anything to drink? Appetizers?" The waiter asked. He seemed a little older than me, but not as old as Liam.

"Two mimosas. Easy on the OJ. Oh, and we'll get the small charcuterie board to share over our chit-chat. I'm feeling fancy today." Stacy said, ordering for the both of us. The waiter clapped his hands together, smiling down at us.