𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

Me, Liam, Mom and Stacy all went out to dinner like he had promised. It was good to spend time with all three of the most important people in my life at once.

I saw my mom laugh for the first time since Dad. I put it as a mental note to thank Liam for this dinner later when we were alone.

I almost felt bad leaving my mom after dinner was over, but she insisted I go out and have some fun. Just, not too much fun, of course.

Stacy said she would meet us at the club. So, it was just me and Liam, driving there together.

"Thank you for tonight. It was the first time I've seen my mom laugh since..." I said, remembering everything. Liam nodded and held my hand as we drove, keeping one hand on the steaming wheel.

"I'm glad to hear that. You know I'd do anything for you, right?" He asked. I nodded my head. I did know that.

We pulled up to the Club Trinity parking lot and parked the car. Before I got out, though, Liam walked over to my side and stood over me, not letting me exit the car. I looked down at what in his hands, and it was a thin rectangular black velvet box.

"What's this?" I asked. He shrugged, handing the box over to me.

"Just a little birthday present."

I opened it up and found a small, gold chain with a gold diamond encrusted "L". I smiled and looked up at Liam. This necklace was expensive, much more than I could ever afford for him.

"L for Liam?" I asked. He nodded, his hands in his pockets:

"Do you like it?"

"I love it." I said, getting up to kiss him. He kissed me back, and I turned around so he could help me out the necklace on. After he did, he layed a soft, gentle kiss on my neck.

We walked into the back of the club hand in hand, meeting up with Stacy right away. She was my way of getting in, even though Liam was already of legal age.

The three of us got drinks and danced. I was having fun until I felt someone trying to grind on me that I knew right away wasn't Liam.

I looked at Stacy, who was in front of me, to see if she saw. She was looking down at the floor and not paying attention, so I turned around a saw a guy standing there, grabbing at my hips.

"Fuck off. I have a boyfriend." I said, hoping the guy would back off. He didn't say anything, instead just kept trying to grab at me.

Thankfully, Liam came over from ordering us drinks at the bar and stopped the situation.

"Get the fuck off her, dude. Unless you want your face shoved up your ass, walk away." He said.

The guy looked up like a deer in headlights, staring at Liam but walking away nonetheless. I let out a breath of relief, and Liam started dancing with me instead of the stranger.

It brought me back to when I first danced with him in the club, not even knowing it was him at the time. Both of our bodies moved together in sync just like they did that night, and I felt so free. Except this time, there was no Mariah. There was no fued between us. It was just me, Liam and Stacy.

I wouldn't want to spend my 19th with anyone else.