Chapter 4

Roddy POV

"Oh shit" I said dribbling the ball as I was playing with Halle on the court.

I learn something new about this woman everyday.

We agreed to chill today, and play some ball. We were going up to 10 and it was 5-7.

She was at 5, I was at 7.

"Come on now" She said laughing as she was blocking me.

"Oh you think you Michael Jordan or some shit" I said dribbling around her but she knocked the ball out of my hand.

"Welp" She said dribbling the ball and running towards the court, I blocked her and she held the ball back, looking up at the court.

"Man-" She started off before shooting the ball and she made a three.

"Woooo, in yo face!" She said laughing.

"Shut up" I said laughing as I grabbed the ball saying "Check" passing it to her, then she passed it back saying "Check" too.

Just then, a car pulled up and honked at her and I looked seeing it was one of her co-stars from her show Grownish.

It was Diggy Simmons.

I squinted my eyes.

"Wassup Halle!" He said.

"Oh- Hey!" She said.

"Can I talk to you real quick?" Diggy asked her.

"Uh sure. One second Roddy cause I'm finna wear you out" Halle said laughing and I smacked my lips saying "Shut up" before she walked over to his car.

I sat down on the curb feeling myself getting irritated, I don't know why but I feel like that nigga likes her.

I can tell by how he pulled up, and how he was looking at her.

I was not fuckin wit it, at all.

She then started running back over to me and he gave me a look before driving off, I chuckled.

Nigga intimidated by me fasho.

"You ready to finish the game?" Halle asked with her water bottle in her hand.

"Getting a lil breather right now. Is that coo? Can I do that?" I asked.

"Dang, what's wrong with you?" She asked sitting by me.

"Nothing, nothing. Shit. How's yo lil homie over there?" I asked her and she looked over at me.

"Now I know you not trippin because Diggy came over here" She said.

"I ain't trippin, you ain't see me fall no mothafuckin where, I ain't trippin" I said chuckling.

"Mmm you seem a lil jealous to me" She said laughing a little.

"Nope, not at all, shit, can I get some water?" I asked.

"Yesssss no backwash" She said handing the water bottle to me.

I chuckled and said "I ain't like that" before I water falled it, and handed it back to her.

"Lemme ask you something Halle" I said.

"Hmm" She said.

"He like you?" I asked.

"Is it that obvious?" Halle asked.

"Very" I said.

"Yeah, but I just don't see him that way. I never did, he's not my type you know? And he's a co worker too, I would much rather keep it professional." Halle said.