The parent lunch

Author's note

Disclaimer: The content in this story is owned by me and all rights are reserved. This means that you have to ask for my permission (or clearify that it is indeed my work) to use any parts of this story for other than personal use. This means that it is not allowed to publish parts of this story in other stories on wattpad or other plattforms.

(Wilhelm's point of view)

I had told Erik I was staying in school after the parent dinner to study. I had this one shot to make a move on Simon, like he had made a move on me at the horror night. And I had asked him if we could just be friends in the music room the Monday after. I had been a fool. I could not just be friends with him. I was attracted to him like I had never been attracted to anyone before. My brother gave me a knowing look. He was my big brother. He knew I was lying when I said I wanted to stay here to study. I hated this place with every cell of my body. The only thing, or person rather, that made me endure it was Simon. He was the only reason I had not run away to go back home to Erik already. Now he made me want to spend time here voluntarily, just so I could see him.

"Is my little brother staying in school to study? Sorry Wille, but I don't believe you," Erik teased. ""You have met someone," he continued. He already knew. I could not deny it, it was true after all. I tried to answer something, but I could not get anything out.

"Okay, yes maybe I have. But it is not like I think we are a couple or anything," I replied.

"So why are you in your room when you have a crush to hang out with, huh?" Erik continued teasing. I felt warm.

"It is not a crush, Erik," I said. My heart beat faster in my chest when I thought about him.

"Then what do you call it?" he asked me and laughed.

"I have not figured out what we are yet, okay?" I said. I saw my cheeks flush in the camera.

"Enjoy that, Wilhelm. In a few years everyone will want to know everything about your love life. You have a few years until then, so make it memorable," he replied.

"The press just want to know everything about you because you are the crown prince. I am not as interesting," I said. I did not envy him. If I thought I had very little right to privacy, I could not imagine the pressure my brother was under.

"Anyways, how are you going to seduce your date into staying with you if you don't attend lunch?" Erik asked me.

"Shut up Erik. I will go there if it makes you happy," I replied.

"Make yourself happy instead, my little Wille. In love and all. Who would have thought that would happen when mom forced you to transfer, huh?" Erik laughed.

"You are so annoying. I am going down to lunch now, okay?" I said. Erik nodded and told me he would call me the day after when we were supposed to go home.

I made myself presentable before walking down to the dining hall. I felt everyone's eyes on me as I stepped in there. I hated this. I saw August sit with his mom and stepfather. I searched for Simon's dark curly hair in the crowd of people. Soon I found him, sitting next to his big sister Sara. Felice and her parents sat there as well. And there was a woman I did not recognize. She had Simon's traits. It must have been his mother. I felt the sweat in my hands. I was about to meet his mother.

"Hi. Can I sit here?" I asked and gestured to the chair in front of me. Simon gave me a big smile.

"Yeah, of course," he said. The other people around the table observed me as I sat down at the end of the table. I greeted Felice's parents, who I had met before at formal dinners my mother hosted. Simon began introducing me to his mother in Spanish and then he introduced his mother to me. I saw that his cheeks turned a bit red when he accidentally introduced his mother as "mom" to me, before he corrected himself telling me his mother's name was Linda. Felice's parents kept the conversation going and the question about whose horse Sara was riding came up. I knew she had spoken about Felice's horse with Simon, so I guessed she helped Felice with him. When Felice's parents found out Sara was more involved in her horse than she apparently was she looked upset before excusing herself and left the table in embarrassment. Simon said something to Sara in spanish. I guessed he told her that you did not have to say everything all the time. Even though Simon was younger than Sara, he was very protective of her. I excused myself and followed Felice in the hallway, just to make sure she was okay. She stopped and I saw that she was crying. I did not know how it happened, but it all ended up in her kissing me. I did not like her like that. And she had already faced enough embarrassment, but it would not be nice to either of us if I pretended to agree with it. I was already in love with someone else. She saw on my face that I was about to tell her something she did not want to hear.

"I am so sorry Felice, I didn't mean it like that," I began. Before I could finish she had left me in the hallway. She was still sobbing when she went in the direction of her dorm.

"Fuck it," I whispered under my breath. Felice was nice and I liked her as a friend and it hurt to hurt her like that, but I couldn't help it. I could not lie to her, because I would lie to myself. I realised that it would be easier if it was Felice I had caught feelings for. She was someone my parents would accept. Simon, on the other hand. He was nothing like a partner my parents had in mind. But he was everything that I wanted. Even if it was forbidden. Maybe it was even more exciting because he was someone I should not be with. At least not romantically. I walked out in the dining hall, which was almost empty. Simon was still sitting at the table where I left him. Sara and his mother, as well as the other's that sat around the table had dissapeared.

"Hi," Simon said. I smiled at him and sat down.

"Hi," I replied.

"You missed dessert, so I thought I would wait for you," he said and gestured towards a fancy looking thing in a beautiful glass.

"Thank you, Simon," I said. I felt shy around him. He made me feel like no one else had ever made me feel before. It felt like there were a thousand butterflies in my stomach wanting to fly out. He was so beautiful. Handsome. He looked at me as I ate dessert, without saying anything. It was as if he knew he made me nervous. Maybe he did know.

"Did you enjoy this parent lunch thing?" I asked, just to say something.

"Yeah, and you?" he replied. I nodded. Smiled. I felt his hand reach for mine under the table. Just his touch made my heart beat like if I had been in a marathon.

"Have I shown you my room?" I asked him. I tried to be smooth, so that no one in the room observing us would suspect anything.

"No, you have not," Simon said.

"Well since I have no parents to show my room to, you might want to come and hang out for a while before you go home?" I asked. I hoped Simon would agree.

"Okay," he said. I saw that he understood my hint. We walked together through the hallway leading to my room. I looked out for other students and parents, but saw no one. And I did not think anyone suspected anything, so we would be fine. I let him inside my room and closed the door behind me.

"You have a nice room, Wille," he said. It was not too tidy and I didn't even have the blinds up, but he was a teenage boy so I figured he would understand. "Can I?" he asked and gestured to the bed. I figured he wanted to sit down. I nodded and sat down next to him. We smiled at each other.

"So you take it back, huh?" Simon said with a big grin. He was talking about me taking back that I just wanted to be friends with him. That was how I had tried to get him to stay here with me during the weekend. I had to see where this road ended. If it did. Maybe it would not end. He might be the one.

"Yes, I do. I am sorry for not knowing how to handle this, Simon," I replied. I had already put him through a lot by not being able to make up my mind.

"It's okay. But you are sure that you want this now, right?" he replied. I guessed he had to protect his heart so he would not be hurt and that's why he wanted to make sure I was not playing with his feelings.

"I am sure, Simon," I replied. His smile grew bigger and he reached for my hand again. His hand was cold in mine, but I felt so warm on the inside that I almost did not notice.

"So what do you want to do this weekend, then?" he asked.

"I don't care as long as you are here," I said.

"Well I have a suggestion," Simon said.

"And that is?" I replied.

"This" he said before pressing his lips against mine. I felt my heart beat faster than ever in my chest. And I knew I had fallen in love with this beautiful boy. I could not resist him anymore.

"I would not mind that," I replied before I wrestled him down on my bed. He laughed against my ear. And I was as happy as I had ever been. He made me feel like this and I never wanted it to end.