The waitress

We had spent some time on skis that winter break. Towards the end of the week I got more and more confident. I had not broken a leg, or an arm for that matter. I saw that as a big accomplishment. Another accomplishment was that Wilhelm's parents began warming up to me. It was ironic that it took something so cold to make that happen. It felt less awkward between us. I think they had realised that our relationship went deeper than some little crush. It was not a phase he would grow out of. And if they loved him, they had to accept that. We were all eating breakfast at the hotel. I had cuddled with Wille all night and already missed having him that close to me. In public we acted like friends, as there apparently were photographers out to get some good photos to sell to some magazine. I could understand how Wille developed anxiety. Being royal meant that you always had someone watching you. It meant that you always had to think ahead of what might become the new headline in the news paper if you fucked up. It was a prison. A prison you could not escape. Not easily at least.

"Are you going skiing later, boys?" Erik asked. "Or are you staying inside to watch a movie or something?" We had been skiing a lot that week. My whole body had been aching at the end of the day. It ached in places I did not know could ache.Wille and I had hidden in the hotel room watching Heartstopper on Netflix and cuddling some as well. Well, we had finished the first season. It was sweet and for once I felt like I could relate to the romance. They were two cute guys falling in love. Just like us.

"We have finished Heartstopper already, so I think we are going to ski," Wille replied to Erik. I nodded agreeingly. I had finally gotten some confidence. I was not that bad at skiing after all.

"We could watch a movie together tonight if you want to," Erik suggested.

"Sure. What movie would you like to see then?" I asked him.

"There is this new horror movie that sounds dope. It is about the amusement park Liseberg, you know?" Erik replied. He grinned when he saw his little brother's face. Wille hated horror movies and Erik of course knew so. He only saw them with me if I held him and he could hide his face in my shirt. It was cute. "No? Do you have any other suggestions then, boys?" I looked at Wille, who looked at me.

"Well there is this disaster movie called The abyss," I suggested. Wille did not like those either. He said it made his anxiety worse, which was understandable. But I wanted to cuddle him that night.

"You only want to see that because that guy Edvin stars in it. And you fancy him, don't you?" Wille teased. I grinned.

"So what?" I replied, also laughing. "It is not my fault he is cute." Erik laughed.

"Do you get jealous now, baby brother?" Erik teased Wille, but quietly so that no one else could hear it. Wille shook his head.

"Simon is allowed to fancy whoever he likes to," Wille whispered back. "They don't have a chance against me anyways." Erik ruffled Wille's hair. They began play fighting. It was cute. It reminded me of all the times Sara and I had play fights with each other. When their mother had enough of the silly behaviour, she gave them both a look and they stopped. It did not take long until Erik found something else to tease about though. And I was next for the teasing.

"There is that cute waitress that likes you," Erik said. I looked behind me and saw the blonde waitress refill the apple juice. She smiled at me when she realised I looked at her. I got awkward and smiled back a little, before turning back to Erik and Wille.

"And you got her to blush," Erik said.

"No, I did not," I replied. Erik and Wille nodded.

"You charm girls even if you don't intend to," Wille replied. I pinched Wille's leg a little. That made him grin. He caressed my leg a little under the table. If we were alone I would have kissed him. He was too cute to handle, but I had to behave. We were in public after all. When we had finished our breakfast, we went towards our hotel rooms.