The cherry blossoms

The cherry blossoms were in full bloom in Kungsträdgården. Simon held my hand tight. He had his sunglasses on and a big smile on his lips. Spring was finally coming after a long winter. It made everyone a bit happier, I thought. It had for sure made me feel lighter, even if finals were coming up soon. And Simon was looking forward to a summer full of gigs. He had been working hard during the winter to prepare.

"I think this weather calls for some ice cream," Simon said.

"You think?" I replied. Simon smiled and nodded.

"Definitely," he said.

"Then we go and get ice cream," I replied. We stood in line to an ice cream bar to order. I hugged him from behind as we looked at what flavours to get. I dug my chin into his shoulder, smelling the cologne he wore on his neck. His scent reminded me of a summerbreeze.

"So what flavours are you going to get?" Simon asked me.

"I have not decided yet," I replied. "And you?"

"I am thinking of getting a soft ice cream," Simon said.

"Maybe I will get one too," I said.

"Good idea. Then I get to have my ice cream to myself this time," Simon teased. I was now known to want to taste his ice cream, and ending up liking his choice better than my own.

"I can buy you two ice creams, honey," I said. Simon giggled a little as I kissed him on his neck. When we got to the counter Simon ordered two soft ice creams. He paid and then we got out to sit in the sun. We sat down close to the fountains. Our legs touched, just like our shoulders. Simon removed his sunglasses and put them on his shirt. We looked at each other and smiled. We ate our ice cream before it melted in our hands.

"You have ice cream on your face, darling," Simon said. He rubbed some ice cream on the left side of my bottom lip with his fingers. His fingers against my skin felt like fireworks going off inside me. Here I was, on the first nice day of spring with the love of my life. I did not know how or what I had done to deserve so much luck.

"I think you have some ice cream on your lips, sweetheart," I replied and pulled him into a kiss. His lips did taste sugary sweet. I could feel him laugh against my lips. The vibration of his chest against mine. We kissed until we were out of breath.

"Did you get all of it?" Simon joked.

"I think I did," I said. He smiled and put a strand of my hair behind my ear. Then he laid down with his head on my lap. He closed his eyes and hummed on a melody, just loud enough for me to hear. It was the melody of one of his new songs. I could sit there all day, just listening to him singing. His angelic voice. The sweet melody I knew to be about us. Our love. I was mesmerised by him. Enchanted with that voice. Erik used to joke that in a past life Simon was a siren, and I was a sailor who got lost at sea listening to his songs. He could be right about that, even in this life. Simon's voice was the first thing I loved about him. That day when I transferred to Hillerska he was singing with the choir. I was pretty sure it was love at first sight. I remembered how nervous I had been, just talking to him. Now he was mine and I was his. And no one made me feel safer in this world than him.

"You are the love of my life, Simon Eriksson," I whispered. I played with his hair with my fingers. His hair was as always curly. He opened his eyes with a smile on his lips.

"And you are the love of my life, Wille," he whispered back. He pulled me down and kissed me forcefully. I pulled him up with me, not letting our lips separate for even a moment. We kissed and kissed. Not able to get enough of each other.

Author's note

Here comes a new little chapter for you guys. I am sorry I have not updated earlier. I have worked a lot, while also working on my master thesis in law. So my creativity and energy has not been what it usually is.  I hope you guys have a nice spring, wherever in the world you are. 

Take care of each other and yourselves. In a world where  people choose hate, be the force of love. Be the voice of reason and the voice that stand up for what is right.  

Lots of love,

A.A.