The video games

"I am with you very voluntarily, baby," Wille told me. "I love you, you know." I dug my face into his shirt before I teared up. Wrapped my arms around him.

"I love you too," I said against his chest. I had not been able to get the images of the night before out of my head. Whatever I did to distract myself, it felt like Marcus's lips forced themselves onto mine. Like his hands were on my body. His words echoed through my mind. But as soon as Wille embraced me, Marcus disappeared. Wilhelm's scent was one of safety. His touch was what I wanted. What I needed.

"So what do you say guys? Do you want to play some video games or something?" Rosh asked us.

"Okay," we said in a choir. Well not Sara. She had decided that video games were not her thing.

"Don't you want to join us Sara?" Rosh asked.

"I have homework I should do," she said.

"But I need you on my team, girl," Rosh said. "How will I be able to fight these three boys without you?" We all laughed.

"But I can't play," Sara said.

"But come on, Sara," Rosh replied. "Neither can Wille." Wille laughed. He was terrible at playing video games and he knew that.

"That is actually true. I am terrible," Wille agreed with Rosh.

"Okay then. But only for an hour or so. I really need to get my homework done," Sara said, at last giving in. I moved my play station from my room to the living room, so we would have more space to play.

"So what game do we play?" Ayoub asked.

"Super Mario," Rosh suggested. We could be four players at a time in that game, so we had to take turns.

"You guys can play. I will watch this time," Wille said. We sat down on the sofas and Wille pulled me into his lap. He wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Is this okay, baby?" he whispered in my ear. I nodded. I felt his lips gently kiss my neck and small butterflies flew around in my belly. The others just smiled when they looked in our direction. We chose our avatars and then we began playing. We did not play for long until I was last. Sara was second to last and Rosh and Ayoub fought for first place. I wondered if I could ever catch up.

"Come on baby. You can catch up on them. It is not too late," Wille said with an encouraging voice.

"I think you are the reason he is last," Ayoub teased. "You are totally distracting him." We laughed and kept playing. Ayoub was probably right. I usually was not that bad, but it was worth it. Feeling Wille's warm body against mine made me feel so safe. We kept playing and did not keep track of time. The hour Sara had given herself to play with us was soon over, but she did not notice. And no one reminded her of our homework either. She had so much fun, just like we did. It did not matter that she was not the best at video games. What mattered was that she was there. That we all laughed together. It meant everything to me.

********

I was back at Marcus's place. Sitting on his sofa. He told me he liked action and could not stand horror. I felt his fingers in my curly hair. His other hand on my crotch. His lips forced to mine. I wanted to scream. I screamed.

"Simon," I heard Wille's voice say. "Baby, wake up. You are dreaming nightmares. It is okay. You are safe." When I opened my eyes I was in my bedroom. I was sitting straight up in my bed. Wille was next to me. I breathed loudly. Felt how my body shivered. Soon I was trembling uncontrollably.

"Do you want me to hold you?" Wille asked me. I just needed to nod before I felt his warm body against mine. He put the palm of his hand on my chest, rubbing it gently. "I love you so much Simon." His whispers in my ear made me feel warm inside.

"I love you too," I replied. I felt tears fall down my cheeks. I sobbed against his naked chest.

"Have you told your mother what Marcus did to you?" he asked. He patted me gently over my naked back. I shook my head. I did not want her to worry. And I was safe now. I would not go back there. Wille sighed. "I think you should. I think you need to see someone and talk about it."

"Why?" I asked.

"Because it is causing you night terrors. You screamed 'Marcus stop it' before I woke you up. It is not healthy, baby," he replied.

"I can manage on my own, Wille," I said. Wille looked at me. He did not agree apparently.

"But you don't need to manage on your own. You can ask for help when you need it. You have been a victim of a sexual crime twice the last six months, baby. You could get messed up by less than that," he replied. "I am just saying this because I love and care about you. I just want you to be happy." Wille was crying now too.

"I know," I replied with a sigh. "Why are you crying, baby?"

"Because you are. And I am worried about you," he said. I dried his tears with my fingers. I did not answer that with words. I leaned in towards him and felt his warm breaths against my face. Soon I let the last gap between our lips disappear completely. He kissed me back. He pulled me down on my back with him on the bed. I felt his fingers on my neck and in my hair. I fell asleep in his arms again after a little while.    

Author's note

I have had a lot to do in school recently, so that is why I have not updated for a while. I hope you like the chapter!