Chapter 2: Meta Knight needs a friend

"y/n! come here"

You jumped and almost dropped a firewood, it was Meta Knight in the dining room.

"What can I do for you my Lord?"

"I need a tea with milk in it, it's a good pair with these eclairs"

"Right away Sir!"

You prepared tea you thought 'I'm really the only maid in the house, the lord doesn't really have a family and it's only him we take care of' you let out a sigh.

"Aaaah, but lord Meta Knight is a grown man, shouldn't he be looking for noble women to marry?" You thought out loud

"I heard that." Meta knight said firmly as he's watching you in the kitchen door

"Lord Meta Knight! Forgive me if you got offended! What I mean is uhm why isn't a charming and handsome man as you are looking for a wife? Haha!" You nervously said as you tremble

"I don't have a need for a woman yet, and I'm not very fond of children. I'm comfortable with the life I'm living now y/n"

"But love is something you need in life, just like friendships, the first time I ever saw you enjoying a conversation with a person is when you're in that picnic!"

Meta Knight had a long thought about what you said, he hated talking to fellow aristocrats because he always felt like he has to prove he's better than them.

"Platonic relationships are easier to form and maintain than romantic ones y/n. Is my tea done?"

"Oh..yes it is! I'll put your tea in the table"

"Good."

Meta knight happily indulges in his sweets

Even if you don't like your bossy Lord very much, you still found amusement when he takes off his mask to reveal his cute face munching on sweets. You felt a bit special inside since his face is something only you and Vul has seen.

You walked away towards your next chore

"Y/n, come eat with me"

You were shocked and came running to the table

"You know having real friendships changed me, this isolated life has been a bore to me, I'm adventurous! I want to try everything in life has to offer." He spoke in deep thought.

"It's the first time I heard you speak up to me, I never expected you'll watch my behavior closely, you made me realize, maybe I need more real friends. Ones that I can share my feelings to" What Meta knight is saying is that he wants to be understood.

"I-i- ah this is my first time someone invited me to eat with them since my mother when I was young! This is an honor sir"

Your voice squeaks as you were so nervous, you can't believe how you talked to him so casually earlier.

"I don't want to walk through town of wind to talk to Kirby and his friends and I can't bother Daroach with my chattering, So you'll be my..."friend" from now on"
He says as he takes his last bite in his desert.

"I'd love to my Lord"

"You can call me Meta Knight when we're alone, let's be casual in times like these."

He wants to have a friend he can talk all his problems, worries or express his happiness to, just like how y/n is able to express her irritation to Daroach.

You tried to open up a casual conversation, but you felt like Meta Knight was about the say something, something that he really needed to get out of his chest for long.

"Having a high social status is pressuring, if you do one tiny mistake infront of everyone they'll make newspapers about it! I'm what they call a snob since that's what aristocrats are supposed to be to look smart and elegant, I hate having to refuse to sweets In public just because I'm in public!" He shouts as he puts his hand on his head.

You panicked for a second, but comforting others means you should listen to what they have to say and keep calm.

"There there Meta Knight" you patted his back

"I know how it's like to always chase for everyone's approval but you don't need their nasty remarks of you! You don't want to be friends with people like those remember? Being yourself and being open to everyone won't make you less of a rich person, I think if you're alot nicer to everyone, everyone will love you!"

You've never seen meta knight soft cries you have the urge to hug him tight because he looks like a sad child.

"It's easy for you to say y/n, you wouldn't want to be a laughing stock infront of important people" he said in a firm tone

You a shiver down your spine,his tone got from a shivering poor child to a dead serious man.

"W-well, do you plan on keeping this up?" You said.

Meta knight's eyes widened

"I plan on keeping this facade until they all die"

You were right about being scared by Meta Knight, you sighed as you realized it won't be a fun bff thing between you and meta knight but as a handler of his burdens, just another job on top of your other many jobs in this house.

---notes------

I changed some aspects to y/n's personality
Making it clear that she never had feelings for Meta Knight beforehand.