Chapter 4: Right back at you

Mild languange ahead

Vul tried every mischievous prank he can do, from tampering y/n's cooking, tripping her while carrying items and getting children to steal her wallet when going a the market. Vul is having fun watching y/n suffer but he's still not getting quite the reaction from Meta Knight.

Meta Knight could obviously see through all the stumbles that's happening to y/n, sometimes he pretends to not taste spiciness Vul put on her soup to make him scold her and helps her up whenever she falls, he knows Vul is brash and spiteful.

"I tasted this soup 5 times I'm glad it wasn't tampered by that bird brained bird"
you really had enough of Vul messing with you, your pranks doesn't even come close, this is sabotage!
You carefully carried a tray of soup and bread towards the table..
*Squeak squeak!!*

"GYAAAAH!!!!!"

Atleast 5 small rats ran across the room everywhere you panicked and stepped on a rat and fell, hot soup burning your skin.

"Shit...if I go back now the soup must've been mixed with something weird!" You panicked, you cared about the soup more than the burns on your skin.

"Y/n! What happened? Which idiot let's these rats inside!?" He exclaimed while carrying you.

"VUL!!!!!"

"Yes my Lord?" Vul answered while bowing

"Where did all these rats come from?" He said firmly

"It seems that they got in from outside!"

"Clean the mess and the broken bowl, and also catch every rat you can find."

"Y-yes my Lord" Vul's plan immediately backfired.

Meta knight carried y/not the fireplace to tend her wounds, pieces of the glass bowl pierced through her flesh.
"Please..don't worry about me...I can tend my own wounds sir..."

"Shush, your whole arm is wounded and your face is burnt. I'll get you to the doctor tomorrow. Right now I'll
give you remedies to ease the pain"

Meta knight gently removed your gloves and starts wiping them with a wet towel.

"I've never imagined my Master cleaning my wounded hand for me...you're experienced in treating them too..."

"I won't be called a knight for nothing y/n"

You thought that "Knight" was just an odd surname, is he actually doing battles? There are moments where he leaves and doesn't return for a month, the swords, the armor and his status all make sense now, you started to know more and more about Meta Knight so recently, in the past 4 years you were just cleaning in the background and answering to his orders.

Meta Knight got enough of his stupid pranks, he developed a long patience but Vul was definitely testing it, he found it funny at first but he realizes the torment y/n has to deal with, y/n is his friend.

Meta knight punished Vul by giving him y/n's job all together so y/n and Meta Knight could talk for hours, Vul felt dishonored and angry but he has no choice.

You've got a big day tomorrow.

"It's so different when I have nothing to do all daaay...oh! I should check my friends on Town of Wind!" You got out of bed, got dressed and grabbed your bag

"Lord Meta Knight! I'll be heading to the Town of Wind! Can I go?" You asked him while he's reading the newspaper

"I don't know, can you?" He chuckles

"....may I go?" You said with a smile

"If you promise to be back early why not"

"Thank you so much!! And yes I promise!"
You happily walked outside with your flowy sundress.

"Sir..I think the chores are too much for me.." Vul groaned

"This is what y/n does everyday as her job is there a problem?" Meta knight didn't even look at him.

"Gaaaahrrgghh" Vul groans again in the background.

"Hey everyone!!" You waved at your friends

You're surprised that Kirby, waddle Dee and Dedede are all in the cafe

"Y/n! You're back! It's been a while!" Kirby says

"Its a free day today so the first thing I did is to see you guys!" You hugged each of them tightly.

"That's so sweet! Did you miss me too?" President Dedede asked.

"Yes of course pres! I'll be watching you on your 101th race with Kirby!!"

"ah yaay..."

Dedede never felt happy and sad at the same time...

"So how's Meta Knight doing?" Daroach asked while he gives you coffee and a shortcake.

"He no longer asks me to deliver in secret, he just straight up eats sweets in here" Daroach added,

"did something weird happen between you two?"

"Between us? No, not in that way, but we're friends you know!"

"Friends, is that why you're able to get here?"

"Mmmyeah! He's alot nicer now you know!"

"Well isn't that pleasant, y/n I'm happy for you!"

Waddle Dee, Kirby and Dedede were so focused on eating cakes they didn't catch your conversation.

You and your friends have the whole day ahead of you.