Chapter 12: Love Dramatic

Half way into the cake you were already full, in the back of your head, you wished you never had breakfast to finish the whole cake!

"Y/n, you have something on your face, here let me" meta knight tip-toed from his seat to wipe the crumbs and cream off of your face, You felt embarrassed but flattered at the same time.

Meta Knight is really going strong with these sweet little gestures!

"Let's save some for the old bird, who knows maybe his mood will improve for the first time!" You said as you placed the cake in a container.

"You both better get going, race starts in 15 mins" Daroach said while turning off the lights.

You got up and Meta Knight opened the door for you.(how sweet)

Then suddenly, heaps of waddle dees covered Dedede's airplane, they're building something.

"I took your advice well miss y/n, I added a ton of upgrades in this thing!" Dedede is suddenly beside you admiring his airplane.

"Are you sure you aren't taking money from taxes?" You looked at him with your eyebrows raising.

"O-of course not! It's from my sponsors!"
He said proudly.
You sighed and just let him off the hook.

As the fair maiden and her master found a place to sit on, you gave Meta Knight binoculars and patiently waited for the race to start.

Not for long, the infamous Warp Star appeared in the scene, Kirby and Waddle dee waved at the loud and cheering audience, but up next is Dedede and his humongous plane, it's totally different from the last one! He called it the DDD XIX
The audience was shocked, behind the plane was a huge rocket, it's supposed to be giving him a headstart!

The participants entered their vehicle with Dedede having an evil smirk to his face.
They started their engines as big amounts of smoke left the tailpipes.

"Ready!

Set

Go!"

The two planes rushed as fast as they could, they started racing in land first until they start gaining altitude, the speed of the planes left a strong gush of wind directly towards the audience.

The amount of dust made everyone cough but they immediately focused on the planes starting to fly.

Your eyes gleamed at the two fast planes soaring through the sky, you felt thrilled!
The fancy blueberry beside you began observing the planes closely, he saw a team of waddle dees preparing to ignite the rocket.

'does he know that when the rocket ignites the plane explodes with it?' meta knight says to himself

As soon as the sparkling fire reached the gunpowder inside the whole plane flew in an amazing speed! It completely passed through Warp star! Even the audience could barely catch up!

The waddle dees then swiftly cut off the ropes that was binding the rocket together, the rocket was ejected but before it could fall and reach the ground it blew up into a beautiful giant firework!

"GYAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH!!" Dedede's laugh was so loud even if he's thousands of feet off the ground everyone could hear it.

DDD XIX and Warp star are 600 meters apart, but of course, Warp star didn't just race unprepared! Kirby told Waddle Dee to use up all the power and push the speed to it's very limits

"We have to do it waddle Dee!"

"But the ship will run out of power!"

"Trust me."