Chapter 23: Parle moi

You gained your composure once again and approached the patiently waiting Rachnid, you still feel sad but Meta Knight is alive so you convinced yourself you shouldn't be.

"Hey are you alright? Tell me what's bothering you."

"Mhm I'm good, I'm good... I'm just a very emotional woman you know haha!"

"Oh I wasn't aware of that but it's nice to know you more y/n." He placed his floating hand on your cheek, you jolted but you still let him touch you.

You wondered why you still have to keep the act of liking the prince when your father thinks he had already killed Meta Knight, there's not more blackmailing left for him to do. Maybe it's just out of sheer sympathy...?

"Ah I always wanted to ask you..." You turned to him

"...What did you like about me?"

Rachnid paused and looked down.

"Well obviously you are, beautiful and you really seem like a girl that is comforting to be around with...how about you?"

You weren't prepared for an answer.

"Isn't it magical enough to be with a prince, its basically everyone's dream."

He looked at you disappointed with your answer, he thought he's more than just his status, that someone actually liked him for who he is and not for where he sits, but he was wrong.

Maybe if you disappoint him he would reject you himself, but the young prince is new to love, he knows that it takes time and work.

"Have you uhm...ever felt like you're forced to do something just for other people?" You tried to open up.

"I had to make alot of sacrifices as next in throne...to be completely honest with you, I  needed you because the people here needs a queen not a king, it's tradition...but hey! Now that I met you I could see you're fit for a queen, I want you to be my wife."
(Because in insects irl acknowledges queens more)

You noticed the huge responsibility you hold, marrying Rachnid is also crucial for him and his land's future not just because he needed a lover. You couldn't get yourself to tell him the truth, your heart ached, your brain was in shambles, you don't know what to do.

"Ah it's getting dark, I'll show you your room in the castle." He gave you one of his hands and lead you to the castle.

You looked at the scenery, a spacious castle with lots of entrances and flowers, you took your time to look around while following the royal spider.

"I have built stairs just for you, now that I noticed legged people are becoming inhabitants of Floralia I have built many bridges and stairs throughout." He said with a smile,

The stairs itself were put in an odd place, but it was accessible enough to safely get in your room.

You expected your room to be like the rest of the castle, all full with vines and full of open spaces but yours looked like a normal room in Dreamland but way spacious, it was exceptionally better than the room you had at your father's mansion, there was a huge window, a balcony and a large comfortable bed.

He saw your face lit up, he wants to make you smile even more.

He walked out of the room and said

"Well I have some more prince Business to do, enjoy your room and uhm, if you need assistance call any servant nearby."

"Okay!"

'maybe if I tell Rachnid what is really going on he'd understand...' but you've only met him for a day, you can't be so sure.