Chapter 16: Forgive, Forget.

"one, two, three, one, two, three, one, two, three..." Butler Vul counted to the tempo of each step.
You and Meta knight practiced dancing together, you're getting better yes, but it's quite a struggle because of the height difference, You couldn't do twirls and Meta Knight could carry your weight but couldn't lift you high enough as he's as tall as your knee.

Love between two different species aren't uncommon in Popstar since it's inhabitants always come in different shapes and sizes.

"How do we make the dance less... awkward? Lady y/n, do you have any ideas?" Vul asked

"Well I don't know if Meta knight here would like it..."

"Please show us a method."

"When I dance with children or smaller people I carry them!"
You swiftly lifted the smaller knight.

(Very badly drawn sorry)

"Ah-" Meta knight was surprised to get picked up just like a cat would.

"How is it?" You asked

"Well it does look less stiff, looks more romantic in a way, hmm" Vul says as he rubs his chin.

Meta Knight doesn't really like getting picked up, but he does prefer this stance rather than always trying to reach your hands, he feels comfy resting between your arms too.

"I'll do all the stepping work for us, are you okay with it?"

"I don't see a problem with it my love." You can't see it through his mask but you felt like he gave you a reassuring smile.

"You know Meta Knight, I think it's better if you do the twirling and I'll be the one to lift you up.."

"Nonsense! You've got the roles switched up" Vul yelled.

"I do not mind. It's just a dance after all, the point of dancing is having fun as long as we dance beautifully the 'roles' don't matter." He said as he began to twirl perfectly while holding your hand.

"If it's what's best my Lord.."

After the new stance was implemented, practicing has become much much easier.

"One, two, three, one, two, three."
The music stops

"Haahh..hah...hah" you panted, you and meta knight had been dancing for what felt like an hour.

"You may take a break, you've done quite a progress."

"Phew...thank you"
you reached out for a bottle of water and drank it while you wipe your sweat.

Meta Knight stared at you and realized how much you've been sweating,
"Vul can you give Lady y/n more water? And extra clothes too."

"Sure thing my Lord."

Vul left the studio and Meta knight quickly grabbed a towel and approached you.

"Do you usually sweat alot?" He asked