Chapter 22: An addition

The Prince Rachnid wanted to show you around some more but he noticed how exhausted you are,

"Oh that's right, you have legs m-my bad!" The prince said in concern.

"Haaah...hah..mhm.." you're sweating profusely, Kirby and waddle Dee helped you get some shade and water.

"Lady y/n is sensitive to heat your Highness!" The children informed

"I did not know about that I am very sorry"
He panicked

"It's alright, we could walk some more when I get a bit of rest.."

"Nonono I'll call a carriage to pick us up."
Rachnid reaches out to his phone and called his driver.

"Do you need more water lady y/n?" Kirby asked.

"I'm feeling better don't worry, I'm so glad you two are here..."

The royal carriage drove as quickly as it can, the three helped you get inside and patted your back.

"Ohhh...OH! my dad is going to recognize you guys!" You whispered in panic

"Oh snap! We have to get outta here quick!"

"Rachnid...dear.."

The prince blushed, he turns at you in shock.
"Y-yes dear?"

"The boys need to go home for a bit their mothers must've been worried!"

"Do you want me to drop them off to dreamland?"

"Just a stop there in the fields would be more than enough."

"Of course!"

He immediately did what you said, Kirby and waddle Dee jumps off and waves at you.

You looked at them with sorrow, you didn't want to be separated with them, but now you know they have a plan.

"Y/n.." Rachnid held your hand and stared at you.

"The moment your father told me about you, I knew you were the one."

"M-me too..." You gave him a fake smile convincing enough to make the prince happy,

You felt a heavy feeling in your chest, all of this sweet words but in the end, you're going to have to break this young prince's heart.

Even if you did escape Floralia and marry Meta Knight, deceiving someone so innocent and caring will burry you in guilt forever.

After a moment of awkward silence you felt a sharp fuzzy peck on your cheek, it sent shivers down you spine as you let out an "EEK-!"

"was that too fast?"

"Uhm uhhh...I was just super surprised..."

"I get that."

You couldn't get yourself to kiss him back, so you held one of his 6 floating hands instead.

Up to this point Kirby and Waddle Dee are keeping a close look at you, hiding in the bushes and behind stalls...

"Oh golly! If Meta Knight sees this he's going to be so upset!"

"Sees what?"

Waddle Dee thought he was muted from the call, he shivered and said,
"N-n-n-n-nothing..."

"Answer me Dee!"

"The prince is going lovey dovey with miss y/n!"

"Ah...tsk..I did not need to know that"

"I'm so sorry Meta!"

"Call me again when you get something important." The radio cuts off.

"You doing okay?" Daroach asked.