Chapter 5: Admiration

"oh my gahh!! I love this cake so much, how do you make them? Mind giving your old pal the recipe?" You playfully said as you munch on the shortcake.

"It's a family secret, if I tell you right now I'll run out of business! This is one Meta Knight's favorites hehe" Daroach chuckles.

"Meta Knight has such good taste" you didn't realize you finished the cake, the cake was so moist and and the cream was sweet but not too sweet, the strawberry on top as a change of textures after you finished everything else.

"I'm so gonna order the full cake when I get money"

"Thanks! That's what Meta Knight says everytime he eats a new piece of cake except he actually has the money" Daroach laughs to himself

"Ouch, Ahahahahaahh!"
You were a but annoyed but it's a funny joke so you laughed it out.

It was almost noon and you said your goodbyes to your friends, you have to buy lunch in the Market along the way.
You peeked at your wallet and sighed
'Daww I can't even buy myself more snacks, how sad...'

You walked calmly towards a meat shop until children with a pair of scissors secretly cut off the ties on your sling bag and grabs it.
You forgot about the thieves that tormented you everyday, you didn't held in the bag tighter because of the injury you had yesterday.

"WHA- HEY!! THIEVES!!"

You chased after your money, you were fast but children were faster.

"STOP!! PLEASE!!"

The children didn't listen to you.
You thought it was another of Vul's plans but this time its just children who got used to stealing from you that they think it was okay, what a bad thing to teach to children!

You ran and your ran, you had no idea how these children run for so fast, and so long.

You were so focused on your bag you didn't realize where you're somewhere unfamiliar.

"Hah...Hah...no.." Tiredness got ahead of you, you even reached a part of the town you didn't know about!

You pace was slower and you started to lose hope, "I can't..i can't anymore.." you ran and ran for what seemed like 10 kilometers, until you passed out from Heat stroke
*thud!*
You fell down on your knees, in the soft grass of the forest.

It was 3pm and there was still no sign of y/n coming back home, Meta Knight got worried, you're not the kind to slack off as much, you always keep your promises, something is wrong.

"Vul, cook me something we're going out."

"But y/n hasn't returned yet!"

"That's exactly why were going out."
He said preparing himself.

"If she gets lost or killed you're ought to do these chores forever." Meta knight added.

"Yes my Lord" Vul quickly ran to the kitchen.
There's not much ingredients to make a fancy dish, but a simple carrot and potato stew.

"I think that man will eat anything now that he's a softie" Vul thought to himself

After 10 mins the stew was done.

"I can only do as much my Lord...y/n was supposed to do groceries when she comes back"
*Sips* "atleast this taste better than when I have to endure you tampering on y/n's dishes." He gave Vul a disgusted look.
Vul shivered and walked away.

Meta knight finishes his stew and eagerly heads outside

"start the car Vul."

Vul came running and drove the fastest car they have. Meta Knight switched seats with Vul because Meta knight wants to drive.

"Oh no" he whispered on his breath
Vul knows that when it's meta knights turn to drive he cranks up the speed like crazy.

"Let's go."
Meta knight violently stepped in on the pedal and drove as fast as he can.

Meta knight arrived in the Town of Wind in seconds

"Has anyone seen a lady this tall, with this hair color, and wearing a sundress? Anyone?"

The commoners were shocked to see a fancy car in the middle of their messy road, still full of puddles of nasty chocolate.

"I have! I saw some brats steal her bag and they ran over there!" He points north.

"Good, thank you"
Meta Knight rushes to that direction in unimaginable speed.

"We've been traveling in this direction for a while are you sure she's able to run this long?"

"I'm not sure, but if she did run so much it's most likely she passed out"
Meta Knight's eyes sparkled of admiring your determination but his main priority is to find you.

"I could see a forest ahead my lord"

"I know"

"She couldn't have ran this far! We're in a completely outside the town!"

Meta knight could slowly see a girl with lying on the ground, it was you!

"There she is! I knew it!"

Meta Knight forcibly stopped the vehicle, Vul didn't have a seat belt so he bumped his head hard in the car seat.
"GA!...H-how did you know she didn't take any turns..."

"I don't know how to explain it but it's like a gut feeling" Meta Knight rushes to carry you, your whole face was covered in dirt and Meta Knight wipes it with his cape, revealing your round, soft face.

Meta Knight has never seen your face up close. He observed how you looked cute when sleeping, he snaps out of it and starts checking on your body temperature, he splashes your face in water and brought you to the back of his car.

"Vul, you drive this time, and drive carefully, we have an unconscious passenger"

Vul nodded and quickly held the steering wheel.
Meta knight holds you in his arms trying to cool your temperature down.

"Hah...haaaah.." you started gaining consciousness.

"Y/n!! Drink this water quick!"

You followed what he said and drank as much as you can, but you can barely open your eyes or speak, You drank too fast you coughed.

"M-meta..knight" you cling to him.

"I'm here now we're going home"

Meta knight placed a wet towel on your hot head as he caressed you with his gloved fingers.

It felt like the bond between you has gone stronger.

You've gained enough of your consciousness to think, you thought about how you miss being held so warmly, Meta Knight has been taking good care of you,
Meta Knight...cares for you!