Chapter 6: Admiration (2)

"Those are large wounds on her elbows!"

"I know doctor, I already plucked any glass I can find on her wounds"

"I see, you did a great job Sir Meta Knight
I'll give you this anti-bacterial solution to prevent infections, tell her to rub the solution generously whenever she feels an itch."

"I will, thank you."

"And for the heat stroke, there's not really a cure yet, but just prevent her from doing anything she did that caused the stroke. Like running under the hot sun for hours and being dehydrated."

Those are vague voices you heard while you sleep.

You finally woke up, you forgot what happened before you passed out, you didn't want to think about it.

'...I can't remember how much I slept..what day is it..' you thought to yourself

You felt the oddly soft and comfortable mattress, when you looked up it ceiling made out of marbles with a beautiful chandelier in the middle.

'This isn't my room' you thought to yourself, sat on the bed and you saw Meta Knight behind you, he seems to be looking after you while you were resting.

'Meta Knight's mood has improved, but I didn't know he was such a sweet guy'

But, sleeping on the same bed as your Master feels criminal or forbidden.

Not to mention, you realized you're only wearing your undergarments (being shorts and a sleeveless shirt)

You blushed like crazy

'its not a big deal, he has to remove my uniform to cool myself down'

Your mind can't get over the fact he has seen your body, you keep convincing yourself it doesn't matter.

'I remember passing out in the ground, that means I would've been so dirty, but...there's no other women in this house...who could've wiped my body clean?... Vul? No I don't think he will do a great job...Meta knight? Most likely..???"

All these actions felt unreal you started to doubt if this is reality anymore, you lightly slapped yourself to focus on your tasks.

You gently got out of bed, trying not to wake your Master up from his slumber
You reached out for your uniform hanging on the wall, it's already been cleaned, it feels so weird having people do things for you.

You looked at yourself in the mirror, you saw your arm with newer and cleaner bandage, you fixed your hair and stared at yourself for a while.
You exited the room until...

"You're awake y/n, I'm glad"

You jolted and turned around,
"M-m-meta knight! Did I woke you up? I'm so sorry.." you bowed to him

"No, no I woke up on my own don't worry
You shouldn't be going through tasks right away, please, stay here for a while"
he says as he yawns and rubs his eyes

His voice was gentle and comforting
He always had the loud and firm way of talking, but at moments like these you feel like your heart is melting like chocolate under the summer sun.

"Alright...I will!" You sat in the bed with him
You still have that underlying feeling you *have* to do something other than just sitting around.

"...Do you need breakfast? And help putting on your armor?" You suggested

"Vul is taking care of the breakfast don't sweat it."
He smiled waving his hand

He paused in deep thought and he looks at you and says

"I don't usually tell you this but, I really admired how you pushed yourself to your limits just to retrieve some money, normally people would give up right away since it's just a tiny speck of change in my wealth, you're not one to give up, you have a strong sense of justice, you'd make a very strong warrior."

He held your hands, you stared at his gentle, kind, bright blue eyes.

"I'm happy I got to know you better, in all of these years I can't believe how I overlooked such a woman!"

You felt like your about to cry in joy, that's the best compliment you ever had, you want to squeeze him so tight but you don't think Meta Knight likes hugs.

"That's...that beautiful my Lord, I'm deeply flattered, I don't deserve such a compliment, you saved my life! I should be thanking you *sobs*"

Tears looked like crystals flowing down your cheek the sun light made your eyes shine even more.

"Don't mention it, it's only normal for me to help people when they need it." Meta knight wiped your tears away

"You really are a knight in shining armor, you're my hero!" You said with a bright smile.

Meta knight continued to stare at you like you were shining stars in the night sky.

"Oh you must be hungry y/n! I'm sorry for keeping you waiting, you didn't eat lunch or dinner last night" Meta Knight quickly realizes, he was a bit embarrassed of himself.

"It's not a problem to me my Lord, I'm simply happy with what we just had" you smiled softly as you get up from bed.
"Would you like breakfast in bed? I'll accompany you"

The way you two woke up this morning, talking about each others feelings and breakfast in bed makes you feel like you two have something even more than friendship...
The way you asked him if he wants breakfast in bed sounds like what a happy wife would say to her husband.

You headed towards the kitchen and you said to yourself,

'Even if I fall inlove it's still not possible, we're just not meant to be...
Why isn't it possible?
I just don't see us being a couple without others judgement, I'm....I'm content with what we have right now' Snapping back to reality made you feel a sharp pain on your chest, but that's not important.

You finally entered the kitchen and you saw Vul pouring coffee on Meta Knight's mug.
"Are you doing well y/n?" He says formally but he doesn't even try to have eye contact with you.

"I feel so much better, thank you!"
You started picking up breakfast carefully from the counter to the tray. Even if Vul just simply asked your condition, it feels so odd.
"How about you Vul? I'm very sorry you have to deal with my work at the moment"
You said in a sad tone, almost murmuring.

"Tsk, you should be sorry..I'll make sure you're back in shape as fast as possible so you could do your job." He said aggressively

Even with that aggressive tone it feels wholesome in a way. You chuckled and and exited the kitchen.

You headed back to Meta Knight's room to see meta knight is already fully dressed, he is very efficient!

"Breakfast is ready!" You placed the tray on a small table beside his bed.
"I have to ask something Meta Knight"
You put your hand on your chin.

"Ask away maiden" Meta Knight said as he chomps on eggs.

"If you're staying inside the whole day you don't need to look that flashy my Lord!"
You said while cupping your cheeks while staring at him.

"I just like looking gorgeous, why dress modestly when I have a whole room full of fancy capes and hats!" He chomps on on sausages even more

"But with only one mask, is your mask like a heirloom of some sort?" You ask him as you drink coffee.

"It's not technically an heirloom but it's a very special mask, I feel more confident when I wear them, it's kinda like clothes for you, when I'm unmasked I feel like I'm naked in a way.."
He thought you wouldn't notice but he quickly glanced at your body and on to his food.

You felt your cheeks getting redder and you started stuffing food on your mouth as quickly as you can.

What a lovely morning!