Chapter 20

JASON'S POV
As i packed my gear, and boarded the helicopter alone, I couldn't believe I'm being sent to the all girls institute. I understand that they need someone to do the computers, but I'm not the only person suitable for the job. I don't see why i was the one chosen for this mission. I would much rather any mission. Sure, I'm happy because i get to attack hydra and the red room's worst enemy, but with a girl? I mean come on, why not send someone from my squadron with me? It's not my place to question, but i am infuriated. Hopefully whoever i am paired with doesn't have an outgoing attitude. I want peace and quite, in order to get my state of mind ready for the mission. Failure is not an option, no matter how much I hate the female company.

As i reached the base, i was escorted out by 4 guards. I might specialise in computers, but one can never be too careful. At least they are also very thorough here as well. After we entered the base, going through many twists and turns, and lapping ourselves, i was met with the leader of the organisation. They thought i couldn't memorise where we went. They underestimated me, but i do want my life, as i enjoy it. This is what I've brought up to do, nothing else. I would not be capable of living alone in the real world. Killing and hacking is the only thing I'm good at. Plus, I don't think being a 16 year old killer helps you get jobs, and I'm sure companies would find out. I mean Baskin Robbins knows everything......and i mean everything. I went once on one of my out of country missions, and lets just say, i did not go there again. It gave me the creeps for a non corrupted organisation. This is how i live, and how i will always live, it's inevitable. I cant change fate, so i might as well embrace it and not die in the process.

The leader of which i didn't learn her name, escorted me to her office. There, she handed me a file and told me to look. I did so silently, without making a peep. I wouldn't be here long, I had no need to talk to this woman. After around 10 minutes of me making myself look interested in the file, my mouth parted open for a mere second, as the most beautiful girl walked in. Whatever, its just a girl. She's not special. I wont be here for long, all i need to do is complete the mission then get back to my base in order to prove myself to stick with my own squad, and not these girls.

But this girl, she changed everything. All of those past thoughts disappeared as i saw her whole figure. Was happy to dismiss her at first, but after properly seeing her i was mesmerised. Maybe i could make this mission a little bit longer than it needed to be. I stayed silent for the whole thing, from when she left to get her gear to when we got onto the helicopter together.

As i got into the helicopter, this girls name which i learnt was Emma, from when the woman was addressing her was pushed into the helicopter. She wasn't just pushed in, no she was pushed onto me. As much as i loved seeing her, i was not just going to let this girl walk all over me and make a fool out of me. As much as she looked divine, she was at the bottom of my priority list, and so I shove her off me. Her reaction made me fell bad, but as she must know i value my life over this school boy classic crush on something I know i could never have. That was when it hit me.

With my profession, and hers with our lives being put in danger daily as well as us being with different organisation, nothing could ever happen between us. And so, the feelings i felt for her were pushed all the way out of my body. I didn't need more worries. Plus, this was nothing more than a crunch. I mean I've only seen this girl for a few minutes total. She hasn't spoke and I didn't even know anything about her. Its not like i was in love with her.

Although i pushed my feelings away, I couldn't help but glance in her direction. I needed to savour her, as i knew if everything went well, as it would, we would never see each other again. I couldn't let her beauty go to waste. And so I kept the image of her engraved into my brain. But it was not a face i would forget easily.
She kept catching my gaze, opening her mouth as if to speak and then looked away awkwardly. Why didn't she talk? She obviously had something to say. Unlike me. But i guess it was for the best as we could both focus solely on our mission that way. The glances and awkward tension continued until we landed, and got our gear. As much as i was happy to get this mission over, i wish we had more time in the helicopter, even if it was very awkward.