Ch 2. Tiffany

I am Tiffany Myers. The only daughter of my parents, an only child. My physique can be described as average.

I did well academically at school and had a small circle of friends. Secretly a nerd.  Never dated anybody. Had an average fashion sense. Have a best friend named Ava Dawson.

I was happy. Pretty happy.

But what happened to it?

Someone blotched ugly paint on my pretty picture.

Now, will I able to make something out of it?

I heard some voices.

They were talking.

No it's an argument.

They were arguing.

I squinted open my eyes.

The surroundings gradually responded to my awareness and finally I could listen clearly to what was happening.

"Sasha?"- I recognized the girl arguing to the man.

They stopped to look at me.

Sasha was one of my classmates in school. We used to be benchmates in couple of my classes. We had fun with a few others at school.

She had embraced me into a hug and we had talked for quite some time.

The man had introduced himself to be Christopher Bang and he was the same man who had dragged me here to this strange place.

I had hundreds of questions on my mind but I had stopped myself from querying.

The good part was that I was reunited with Ava and other few friends from school.

Fate is kind to have brought us together.

These all had happened a couple years back.

Till this day, I got some of my questions answered while some, still remains unanswered.

Chris was too kind to take me in. Not only me but also my friends.

I spent so many countless nights trying to find answers. And on some nights, answers found me.

I wanted to know what happened on that night. And the answer was really simple.

Those creatures that emerged were monsters.

They were monsters in every literal sense.

They were dark spirits. Evil spirits that escaped from the other realms.

They had escaped from their realm due to some breach in the layers.

And amidst all of this, the world in which we lived also changed.

Gods emerged.

Or it can be said, a group of people with supernatural strengths and abilities came up.

They call themselves Gods.

Nature demands balance. As those creatures emerged, our nature also created it's own creatures for its protection.

While I took shelter amongst their warriors known as Agents.

Who are these agents?

People with minor level of spiritual powers had no place in the Divine order.

But they proved to be an important part of the society, as it was they who practically did all the fieldwork to control the anarchy.

So, the high and mighty Divine Council formulated the Council of Agents as an independent unit of the society.

In simpler words, the gods didn't want anything to do with these people.

The order of agents and the Divine order despised each other due to the obvious bitterness of the latter.

As the usual administration failed, the Divine Council took hold of the situation and emerged as holy rulers. They had complete autonomy in every matter of the state. However, they seldom intervened in matters of the commoners. The Agent Council did what they could to root out chaos, but only little can be of help.

With the various changes that came with the breach in the realms, common people engaged in frivolous criminal activities.

And this is how the barrier between good and evil gradually thinned further.

The Divine Council has it's own stratification.

A group of them handles matter of state while another engages in securing the balance of nature.

The former group is like politicians and diplomats. They don't engage in supernatural activities. They belong to the neo-political order.

While the latter group are the people who are precisely known as the gods. They have three divisions within themselves- Life, Death and Love.

These three groups are better termed as houses, each ruled by individuals. And the rulers are given the title of God of Life, Death and Love.

These houses and their gods rule their aspects in the lives of the people.

Ever since that day, I have lived among the agents.

And I have pursued my search for the truth.

And to do that I have searched through the breaches themselves.

I spent my days in training myself physically and mentally.

And when the answers found me, all I could do was accept it.

I found out many things.

And one of that was that I can ignite flames.

And also that I did not belong here.

I did not belong among the agents.

Fire is not a minor level power.  And it's sourced from the spirit.

Chris had talked to me about it from the very first day, but when he asked me what I wanted, I was at a complete loss of words.

For I was scared. I trusted nobody.

But I was lucky enough to find home in my precious team mates.

I chose to hide.

And gradually it all came down to me.

Yes, I was hiding.

I had been hiding from it all along.

In less than a month I discovered who I was and where I belonged. I understood it as soon as I touched the blade. The silver turned gold.

"The midas touch"

I belonged to House Life.

If I rephrase it, House Life belongs to me.

I was the very God of Life. I was Prosperity.

And who knew that the God was in reality a Goddess?