Ch 18. Terry

"There's no reason to be nervous, everyone is really looking forward to meeting you!"- I lied through my teeth.

There's atleast a million reasons for the God of Life to be nervous, and the fact that people are looking forward to meeting her is not really for a good cause.

Atleast the meeting is inclusive to only the Gods and some subordinates.

It will need more preparation till the next meeting, when the politicians will also be joining.

"Thank you for your kind words, but I do believe that there are reasons for me to be nervous."- Life smiled at me.

It looked genuine.

Unlike someone who I never saw smile even for once.

I heard that, that Ava girl is best friends with her.  I wonder if she ever smiles.

"Both of the Gods are willing to meet you!"- That's a lie, Daniel wants her dead.

"I know that I'm not welcome here and that's okay, it's not your responsibility, thank you for your efforts!"- She said with her eyes on the ground.

I nodded.

"Oh and you'll have Soobin to assist you in meetings, he'll be of great help to you!"- I almost forgot about that, I hope that Soobin will take care of it well.

"Who?"- Naturally she didn't know who Soobin was.

"You remember, the tall guy from our mission? The really tall one? Taller than Daniel?"- As soon as I mentioned Daniel's name, I saw her face fall.

But I refrained from reading too much into it.

"Oh right, the tall guy, okay!"- She nodded without looking at me.

"He's from House Life, and so he will be a direct subordinate. He'll be able to assist you in House matters better than Scarlett. But keep Scarlett with you too, she will be able to assist you well in inter House issues."- I continued to explain.

"Then are you a direct subordinate to... Love?"- She stopped unsure how to address Daniel but looked away when she did.

"Yeah, I'm his right hand man!"- I chuckled.

"Okay."- She nodded. This time she didn't avert her eyes.

When we walked into the conference room, it was just Soobin, Beomgyu and Death.

She halted right in front of the door, probably to take a deep breath or to calm her nerves and soon followed me inside.

And as expected, everyone stood up except Soobin, as he was already standing.

"Nice to meet you again, I apologize for what happened the last time!"- Death extended his hand with a bright smile, referring to the night of the competition.

But Life didn't take his hand and instead nodded her head once without a single trace of humor on her face , only to say- "Nice to meet you Death, this is Flame."

Death stood gaping at her, his hand still extended in mid air, which he withdrew as soon as he realized what just happened.

"Sorry for the late introduction!" She addressed to Soobin and Beomgyu with a smile, to which they bowed.

I signaled Soobin to pull out a chair for her, which he did and we all sat down waiting for others to arrive.

I hope that Daniel shows up.

It'll probably get even more awkward when he does show up.

But it's for the best.

"Is it just me or Life is kind of salty towards Death?"- Soobin whispered into my ear.

"No It's not just you, she's actually not having it!"- I whispered back.

Death was sitting across the long table, right in front of Life.

His eyes were on her.

Yet she was looking away, her head turned towards the door.

"It's an honor to assist you, feel free to contact me whenever required!"- Soobin started talking to her.

I'm glad that he did, it was getting kind of jittery in here.

"Thank you, your assistance is much appreciated!"- Her smile didn't quite reach her cheeks like the last time when I talked to her.

"Is everything to your liking here? You can also contact me whenever needed!"- Beomgyu joined in with a smile and exchanged glances with me and Soobin.

I think I know what he means by that.

He means that she should contact us if Daniel creates any trouble.

Although, I doubt if we will be of any help here.

Daniel does what he wants to do.

"Yes, you can reach out to any of us whenever needed!"- I agreed with a chuckle while Soobin vigorously nodded.

I hope that she contacts us before it gets out of hand.

Amidst all of this, Death kept on with staring at her.

And, she also kept on with ignoring him.

"Do you not like Chrysanthemums?"- Death suddenly leaned forward on the table towards Life.

That caught her attention.

However, she didn't answer immediately.

She just looked at death straight in his eyes.

"Should I have sent peonies instead?"- He cracked a smile.

While the rest of us were so close to crack under this pressure.

"Peonies? Right!"- Suddenly Life let out a laugh animatedly and leaned back on her chair.

"How about you keep your flowers to yourself?"- The transition from the expression of laughter to a perfectly straight face devoid of any emotions felt so much contrasting on her.

"Ah! No shit!"- The moment I heard this voice, I knew that it's only going to go down, down and further down from here.

Daniel stood in the doorway with an amused expression on his face.

Things are going to get so not amusing from here on.

.....................................................................

***don't forget to vote and comment~***