Ch 20. Daniel

"So, did you complete arranging the meeting?"- I finally asked Soobin, after Tiffany stormed out of the room with Jungkook behind her.

"Yeah, I confirmed it, it's set for tomorrow evening."- Soobin nodded.

"But what is she going to do?"- Hyuka's voice faltered.

"You think that she can actually do something about this?"- I sighed.

Although it would have been pretty great if she could do something about it.

But that's too much to expect from someone like her.

She is not someone who can be trusted easily.

And moreover, she is not someone who is to be trusted at all.

"I guess that she'll consult Namjoon Kim on this matter. So, there's a chance that it might get resolved."- Terry nodded like the intellectual that he is.

"Yeah and then we won't have to do the shady stuff anymore! Man, it made me hella uncomfortable! I don't even want to think about the things that I had to do to follow their orders!"- Beomgyu groaned.

If I think about it, Beomgyu had to do most of the shit that they ordered.

I guess that belonging to House Death comes with it's hazards.

"So, did you meet their hacker? What do you think?"- I wiggled my eyebrows at Terry, making an attempt to change the topic and lighten the mood.

Everyone turned to look at Terry, expecting some grand answer.

"What do I think? I don't think anything at all."- Terry stated with a straight face.

Beomgyu burst into a fit of laughter and soon all of us indulged into it.

Except Terry, who maintained his composure, which made us laugh even more.

"Why, you can learn from her, I thought that you were interested in hacking?"- I managed to say after stopping my chuckle.

"I dunno man, she's... scary.."- Terry didn't even get the chance to finish his sentence while we were almost on the floor, rolling with laughter.

I was so close to busting a lung.

"Scary?"- Soobin and Hyuka were in hysterics.

Beomgyu was nearly crying with laughter.

"She's cold."- Terry said clearing his throat.

"She can't be colder than Life!"- I shrugged.

Everyone fell silent.

"Wait, what? Life isn't cold! She's one of the most welcoming person I ever met!"- Terry was in disbelief.

Hah! Welcoming person? She's a wicked fox who tricks everyone.

"People would disagree!"- I shook my head trying to keep calm.

"But no seriously, her manners aren't lacking!"- Soobin agreed with Terry.

What the actual fuck? Did she already trick Terry and Soobin into thinking that she's good?

"She doesn't look like she has anger issues unlike you!"- Beomgyu stretched his legs before standing up.

"I don't have anger issues, and looks can be deceiving you know?"- I huffed.

"Well, yeah looks can be deceiving.."- Hyuka nodded as he continued to speak, "Who'd guess after looking at you that you're so old? Nobody would ever know."

And they started roaring in laughter.

I sighed.

They are never going to slide the fact of me being older than them.

"But she's also the oldest among them!"- Beomgyu said amidst the laughter which never ceased.

"Who? Life?"- Terry said after controlling himself and sitting up composed in his own seat.

"She's the oldest? Is that a potential ship that I can see?"- Soobin wiggled his eyebrows at me and another roar of laughter went around.

"What the actual fuck! Don't even think about it! Terry you want more files to go through? Should I request more to be sent out to you? Wanna take a look at the matchmaking division's file by tonight?"- I had to threaten Terry in order to make the others stop.

Ship? Over my dead body!

I wouldn't imagine me being together with that vile creature.

Even the thought of it can make my skin crawl.

Terry's smile vanished and got replaced by his usual frown.

"You know that the matchmaking division is the literal hell under our House Love right?"- Terry grimaced.

"It can't be that bad right?"- Soobin chuckled, to which I gave a smile.

Terry is right.

The matchmaking division is actually hell.

Imagine having to deal with the personal details and private incidents of someone's romantic life AND keeping a record of it.

The people working in that division are often  known as the cupids because they practically work towards the matchmaking and finalizes it upto marriage.

The reports are gruesome.

"No It's not bad, it's the worst!"- Terry declared as he stood up to leave the room.

"I wonder how it will be like when you'll find your match!"- Beomgyu shrugged, collecting the folder and an empty plastic cup.

"He'll take her to bed!"- Hyuka chortled.

"Or to the Altar?"- Soobin suggested.

"Or to Hell!"- My voice cracked.

Soobin and Hyuka looked at me with an indecipherable look on their faces while Terry and Beomgyu shared glances with each other, which made me explain more on that.

"Guys, maybe I don't have a Soulmate!"- I grinned.

But my grin didn't resonate well with the sigh that left my lips.

Maybe...

I should stay alone.

Forever.

............................................................................

*** don't forget to vote and comment ^_^ <3 ***