Ch 15. Daniel

"Jungkook, what's wrong?"- Namjoon's alarmed voice made me turn towards the woman again.

Even Taehyun visibly flinched beside me.

My eyes traveled towards the pendant on the woman's neck that Jungkook was grabbing onto.

It was a dark stone studded pendant. And anyone of the Divine Council would know what stone it was.

Keres Obsidian.

The woman was bad news after all.

However, she was silent.

"Tell me, why do you have this on?"- Jungkook's voice held no emotions.

The woman gasped but didn't utter a word.

Her friends were standing frozen behind her, unable to make any move.

Even their council leader Christopher held himself back.

"Why do you have this on?"- Jungkook's voice was coming out gritted.

The woman averted his gaze and kept silent still.

"I am asking you to speak, woman, why do you have this on you?"- His hand left the pendant and instead it wrapped around her throat, strangling her.

She had major difficulty in breathing and yet she didn't show any sign of protest.

She stayed put.

Jungkook's grip on her was only getting tighter.

And that's when a single tear escaped her eye and rolled down her cheek.

Her eyes met mine.

"Death, stop!"- I put my hand on his shoulder.

He didn't loosen his grip.

"How can she tell you, if you constrict her throat?"- I sighed as I shook him by his shoulder.

He groaned and withdrew his hold on her.

She collapsed on the floor as she kept her head down still.

Her friends huddled to pick her up or maybe comfort her.

Christopher looked extremely pained.

Namjoon pursed his lips not knowing what to do.

"Why does one of your agents have a Keres Obsidian on them?"- I directed my question at Christopher.

"I do not have an answer to that question."- His face was grim.

"If you do not have an answer to that question then maybe her group can give us an insight!"- I said as I turned to look at the other girls now standing as they held the woman, steadying her.

I shared a glance with Jungkook.

He reciprocated and grabbed one of them by their arm.

The girl screamed.

"Let's not do it this way!"- Namjoon suggested, but neither Death nor I had any interest in doing it his way.

"Tiffany do something!"- One of her friends yelled.

I set my eye on hers and let out a chuckle.

How can she help her little friend?

She can't even help herself.

She looked at me.

But for some strange reason she didn't look defeated.

She tore her eyes off me and glanced at Christopher once and then she looked at her friends.

And then she looked at the girl who Death was holding.

"Is this how you are going to pay me back?"- She suddenly spoke up.

Her voice was steady and clear.

Death snapped his neck at her direction, while she set her eyes on Namjoon.

Namjoon's eyes widened and he looked really confused for a moment, he tried to open his mouth and say something.

"Is this what I deserve?"- She squinted her eyes at Namjoon and eyed his half empty glass of champagne before looking at Death right on his eyes.

"Let Ava go!"- She was crazy, nobody can direct their words at Death like that.

Death's eyes reciprocated her piercing gaze.

"So you won't?"- She clenched her fist.

And that's when the impossible thing happened.

Something that was believed to be a myth.

Namjoon's champagne went up in flames, and as soon as he realized the content of his glass blazing, he hurriedly threw his champagne glass on the marble with horror evident on his face.

Everyone was too stunned to even breathe for a moment.

"Wait, who are you?"- Namjoon was visibly sweating as he looked back and forth between the smashed glass and her again and again.

She took a step forward and grabbed the girl back from Jungkook and turned towards him.

"You tell, who do you think that I am?"- Her lips were curving into a smile.

"A witch nevertheless!"- I really really hated this woman.

She took a glance at me for a second and successfully ignored my comment as she kept her eyes on Namjoon's.

I saw his lips quiver.

"If you're not a dark witch then why do have such a strong dark gem on you? Everyone knows that it brings in high concentration of negative energy, what do you want witch?"- Jungkook's voice matched his aura, really dark dripping with disdain. He held her by her collar.

She didn't move.

She kept her eyes on Namjoon, as if prodding him for an answer to an unknown question.

"You.. then you're..."- Namjoon couldn't make up a single coherent sentence.

I wonder who she is that even the great Namjoon Kim is falling short of words.

Death was clenching his fists too tight expecting the woman to speak back to him.

Namjoon crouched down and got on his knees, suddenly kneeling before us, when Jungkook grabbed her by the collar.

"You dare to ignore Death, woman?"- Jungkook's knuckles were white as he clenched his jaws.

"I am sorry that I couldn't recognize you before!"- Namjoon sobbed kneeling on the ground.

That's when I saw her grip onto Jungkook's wrist, as she freed herself off his hold.

She took a step back and took a glance at Namjoon on the floor, then at me and then eventually at a dazed Jungkook who couldn't understand how a woman freed herself off his grip.

Her hand gripped onto her pendant.

"I AM NOT YOUR WOMAN! I AM YOUR GODDESS!"- Her words rang across the hall like an alarm as she yanked off the golden chain holding the black gem and cast it on the floor.

The pendant caught fire as soon as it hit the floor.

No, this is not what I think is happening.

This can't be.

She can't be the light.

This light can't be hers.

......................................................................

** vote and comment ~ **