Ch 19. Tiffany

"Ahh! No shit!"- His voice made me realize again, why I never wanted to join these people.

I didn't need to turn my head to look at him because I know that he'd be full of smile now.

Tormenting me is enough for him to keep himself entertained.

Everyone stood up to greet him as he walked into the conference room with another guy behind him. Except Death.

And me.

I kept my feet grounded firmly because I don't need to get up to greet him.

There's no reason to.

I don't have any reason to comply to anything that these people do or say.

I hate the Gods.

And I hate myself.

I hate myself for being one of them.

"You! What do you think that you're doing?"- He halted as soon as he came up and stood beside me.

I didn't dare to bat an eye.

He bent down, his hand on the table, his breath hitting my neck.

I swallowed a lump that was forming in my throat.

"You have the audacity to sit on this chair? You think that you're one of us?"- His voice came out a little lower than usual.

Hah! As if!

"Do you usually breathe down on people like this?"- My voice came out harsher than I anticipated. However, this might be what I need.

He pulled himself back and stood up straight.

I stood up abruptly causing him to take a step back.

"What do you want? To sit on this chair?"- I snapped my head towards him.

His eyes reciprocated my fury.

As if he has the right to be furious at all.

"No, I want you out of here!"- He gritted his teeth.

"If you don't want to take this seat then nevermind!"- I shot back with the same intensity and sat down.

I heard him groan and shuffled along to sit on a chair that Terry pulled out for him.

I saw Death give a soft smile.

I sighed.

"Oh, I'm Huening Kai! You can call me Hyuka or just Kai! It's an honor to meet you!"- The new guy bowed and then smiled.

I heard Daniel groan again.

"Nice to meet you!"- I smiled back at him.

I don't want to be rude towards anyone.

But I can't get closer to the Gods.

It's better if they hate me.

"We have another meeting next week with the Neo-politicians! And they'd be probably discussing about some reports and issues. As usual, we gathered here today to prepare for that."- Terry spoke up after a long silence.

I creased my eyebrows.

Why do we need to prepare for a meeting by calling a meeting, a week prior to that?

Beomgyu on sensing my confusion explained- "We kind of prepare our strategy for the meeting by gathering like this. Otherwise, we might get into trouble."

I blinked at him.

Then I glanced at Terry and then at Soobin.

"No, I just don't understand. Strategy? For a meeting?"- I even took a glance at Death.

Love seemed to ignore this whole thing and busied himself smiling at his phone.

I heard him click his tongue as soon as I asked my question.

"We need strategy because..."- Soobin measured his words.

"Yeah we need it because, if we don't strategise, then it will get bothersome."- Death looked down.

I sat there without understanding what the issue was about.

I heard Daniel put his phone down on the table flat with a clunk.

"If we don't, we will be taken advantage of. They'll look down on us and make us do whatever that they please."- Daniel said with a straight face.

"Yeah, they'll make us agree to their weird ideas, and we won't even have a say in that."- Death added.

"They make you do... stuff?"- I am having a hard time believing this.

The Gods get ordered around?

It doesn't make sense.

"Yeah, last month, they made Daniel track down a person's soulmate and made him torment them."- Terry stated.

"And then they made Death collect their soul by manipulating their chart data!"- Beomgyu completed.

"THEY DID WHAT!?"- I didn't even care that I yelled. I frickin cannot believe what they just said.

"Yeah and they made sure to never let that person's soul rest in peace and disapproved on their rebirth."- Soobin added.

"No, no, no! Wait, they manipulated the chart data? You mean they altered a person's designated time of death and all of it's data?"- I didn't even realize that I directed the questions at Death.

But he needs to answer to that.

That is his responsibility.

Everyone sat in silence.

Even Daniel didn't look up to argue with me.

"You're saying that they disapproved on rebirth? ON REBIRTH?"- I couldn't believe the questions that were pouring out of my mouth.

Nobody was moving a muscle.

"WHO ARE THEY TO DISAPPROVE ON THE TOPIC OF REBIRTH?"- I could almost feel flames burning on my fingertips.

Rebirth is a strictly confidential division under House Life and it gets it's data from the other Houses from time to time.

Disapproving a rebirth refers to canceling a person's chance to the general flow of Life.

Even the worst of sinners have the right to a rebirth.

A request of disapproval can only be made by the Gods.

But then also it's just a request, it's not valid until it's accepted.

I can't believe that some people are doing all of these things for their personal advantage.

"I want to have a talk with Mr. Namjoon Kim. You can arrange that, can't you?"- I directed my eyes at Soobin.

I can't see these happening with my own eyes.

He could feel that this was an official request that i was making as his superior, so he got up on his feet and bowed- "I'll set it up by tomorrow!"

"About the strategy..."- Death tried to say but I had to had to cut it off before he could complete.

"They should get their strategy ready, if they think that they can keep on doing this, then they have it coming. I will never let them get away with this, not as long as I'm breathing!"- I clenched my fist.

And when I looked at Daniel, it was the first time that I saw something in his eyes that did not look like disdain.

.......................................................................

***vote and comment***