Ch 5. Ava

"What on earth did you do, Tiffany?"- Minho grinded his molars at her.

I felt her anxiety rising as she fidgeted with her hands repeatedly.

"I don't know, I was just..."- Tiffany's voice was a silenced whisper.

I honestly couldn't understand what to feel. But on a serious note, we might be in real trouble this time.

"Can you elaborate on what really happened out there? Or maybe we can talk about this later if you're not really in the mood to talk about it right now?"- Chris's voice resonated in a calm manner across the room trying to ease her nerves.

Lino gave an ultimate look of disapproval at Chris and stood with a frown on his face.

"Would you like a glass of water?"- Felix offered just like the sunshine that he is.

She shook her head and took a deep breath and looked up.

"I lost my pendant out there and they were near. So I'm sure that they must have sensed me because it will be quite impossible for them not to. And moreover, I had to use my power to escape without revealing myself entirely to them. I just don't know..."- She rambled on.

She had her energy revealed to the people she was shielding it from.

I don't know the entire reason why she needs to shield herself or that why it's dangerous for us to go about around unshielded.

But apparently it would bring us unreasonable amount of trouble that we can't handle.

It's better to be safe than sorry.

The political and social condition is not good at all and people suffer from a lot of difficulties everyday.

Atleast here we have a roof over our head and atleast someone comes and checks up on us even if it's only for the sake of their security and not ours.

"Why? Why did it have to turn out that way?"- Han Jisung tried to reason.

"Those zombie things attacked a little child, I couldn't just turn a blind eye to it!"- Tears threatened to spill from her eyes.

But she held back.

She breathed and sat up straight.

A clear indication of her collecting herself.

I can tell from the look on her face that she won't try to explain it any further. Atleast not to them. This is her preparing to draw the line.

"So you decided to endanger the Council? For the sake of what? Your phony concern about a child's safety?"- Minho's voice pricked like a thousand needles.

Tiffany didn't answer.

She won't answer anymore.

No matter how much words you hurl at her she won't budge.

That was a part of her spiritual training. You're not supposed to move from your point even at grave circumstances.

"How can you say that?"- Sasha's voice rang amidst the surging storm of words.

"What makes you think that way? Phony? You think that you know all about her?"- Olivia pressed.

"Know about her?"- Minho's voice was filled with a sense of disdain. "What is there to know about her? She's just out and about having a good time, without a care of the world!"

With every word spilling out of his mouth made my blood boil.

Even if everyone denies Tiffany's efforts, I'd still vouch for her. Because I know what she has done.

She has done everything within her reach to secure us and make the world a better place.

The time she has spent training all by herself, tearing herself down again and again only to get up again and get used to it.

She was a hardworking person before all of this and she is still the hardworker that she was.

She could've chosen to abandon us all but she decided that she'd stick around for us.

She lived with the fear. She lived with the trauma. But never for once had she given up. Never for once she showed it on her face.

And now it has come down to this.

"If I were you, I'd have shut up!"- My voice snapped at him.

Everyone looked at me.

I wore my face of disgust.

"You're too dumb to know about her anyway, she's way more expensive for your taste. You can't even afford to understand her even if you wanted to!"- Harmony rolled her eyes.

The argument would have escalated further if Chris had not tried to calm down everyone.

"What's done is done, now we need to clean this up!"- Chris offered.

"So we're just here to clean up after her, every time she messes up?"- Minho raised his brows at Chris.

"Can you just stop and act rational for a moment? I can feel a headache coming from all the stress that you're creating!"- Changbin groaned.

Tiffany left the room.

Well, I'd have left too.

Long before.

She doesn't have to stand there and take all of their words.

"Tiffany wait!"- Olivia ran after her.

I know what Tiffany will do.

She went away to think.

She will take her time to think on this and then come to a concrete decision.

"We need to understand what is at stake here."- Chris's grim voice stated. "Yes, they will make an enquiry about the incident and in the worst case scenario they might even launch an investigation. But it's nothing too extreme for us to not be able to handle."

"So, what will we do? Deceive the Divine Council?"- Seungmin asked.

"We will use art. And deception is nothing short of an art! Don't you think?"- Chris's smile stretched into a grin.

"Why don't we go on an another operation? That'd keep us away."- I suggested.

"Well, yes, that's the plan! I have a new task for the dark crown!"- he blinked.

"And what that task might be?"- Sasha queried.

"Let's get your Flame, then we can discuss."- Chris laughed.

Let's get our Flame.

...........................................................................

**Don't forget to vote and comment!**