Ch 22. Terry

"So, it's about two old men?"- Life flipped the pages to take a look at the possible details that I had gathered and organized into a file.

"Yes, it's always them who make such requests and sometimes their children also create trouble for us."- Finally I'm snitching about this whole thing to her.

It's refreshing to talk about all the problems to someone. And it's even better if that certain someone can actually do something to help solve the issues.

"They are the ones who made issue with House Love regarding the soulmate thing and also House Death with chart manipulation and rebirth disapproval?"- She didn't look up from the pages yet.

"Yes, it's them, one of their son got dumped by his girlfriend and so he requested his father to help him get revenge..."

"And so the father made House Love find that girl's soulmate and finished him off with the help of House Death? And they wanted him to never be born again?"- She huffed.

I could feel that she was trying to tame her temper.

"Yes that's what happened, however, the disapproval wasn't approved because..."- I didn't have to complete the sentence.

"Because nobody held the power to approve the cause."- She snapped the file shut as she pushed it away from her towards me, gesturing me to take that away from her sight.

"Jinyoung Park and his son Jaeho Park, also Sooman Lee with his daughter Somin Lee, keep them under the radar for now."- She tapped her fingers on the phone screen as I stood up straight after taking back the files.

I gave a nod.

"So, it's Jaeho Park's ex girlfriend's lover who was gotten rid off right? Do you have any Intel on the girlfriend?"- She looked up from her phone screen with raised eyebrows.

"Well, I can get it from Love, it's a special case so it's confidential..."- I tried to explain but it was of no use as she already cut me off.

"I'll meet him, I need to investigate this anyway!"- She completed.

I nodded again and waited for further instructions.

"I think that I'd appreciate it if you can train one of my friends with these info, it'll help me with making moral decisions. I think Ava would be perfect for this!"- She looked at me with eyes wide with expectation.

I gulped.

There's no way in hell that I can ignore Life's request.

Adhering to her requests is a part of the Council's responsibility.

But I don't exactly want to breathe the same air as that girl.

"It'd be an honor to be of help, what can I do for you?"- I tipped my head forward slightly bowing.

"Here she is!"- She smiled brightly as I heard footsteps coming to a halt somewhere behind me.

I sucked in a sharp breath.

And then I turned behind to take a look at the menace who called me a frickin rat.

I stared down at her wearing a pair of black cargo pants and also a black hoodie. I think that her theme is emo.

She blinked in confusion at Life after glancing at me for not more than a second. Do I look bad today? Am I not pleasant to look at?

I groaned as silently as I could.

Life smiled at her and then at me and i gave a slight nod before taking a few steps and murmured a "follow me" to the girl whose eyes were now shooting daggers at Life.

After a long pause and Life trying to stifle her laugh, she finally managed to follow me out.

Or more like stumble out.

She almost planted her face on my shirt before she caught onto the railings.

Damn, do I really look like a rat?

The railings might have been more of her type than me.

Whatever.

It's no use, thinking about if I look better than the railings to her or not.

"So, Life wants me to train you so that you can help her with her tasks."- I said after clearing my throat, as she kept looking down at her phone.

"Yeah, she texted me that I need to learn about everything that's going on, mainly the gossips."- She said still looking down at the phone.

Am I really that bad to look at?

"Can you stop ignoring me? I think that you need to look up from the screen to learn about real stuff!"- I don't why I had to say it like that. I'm not the type of person to always say what really bothers me.

I absolutely did not need to tell her to look up from her phone.

Why on earth did I say that?

"Sorry, my bad, please continue."- She apologized and put it in her pocket.

Okay that was... easy?

But somehow, with the screen gone from her notice, it only made the awkwardness grow.

What is this weird tension?

Just what on earth is happening to me?

What is she doing to me?

.........................................................................

*** don't forget to vote and comment! ^_^ <3 ***