Ch 16. Tiffany

"You were the person who sent that message, didn't you?"- Terry gasped at Ava, who stood beside me with a super serious expression on her face.

My new office at Divine Council looked cool.

After all of that crazy revelation and all, people had a bit of mixed reaction.

And it was not as bad as I had expected it to be.

Honestly, what i had expected was a bit too much of a stress, and now if I think about it, it was kind of stupid.

I expected that I'd be hunted down with pitchforks.

Atleast there was no witch hunting, even though people did set up committees to agree on how much of a witch I am.

If I were to be a witch, I'd have been the most lethal of them all, but since I'm not a witch, I'll just keep my position as a God.

"What message?"- Sasha sat up on my office couch.

Olivia raised an eyebrow expecting an answer.

"Oh it was a really friendly message which read, I quote, Fuck off rat!"- Terry reciprocated with the straight face that Ava held.

"Ava did what?"- Harmony nearly spit out her bubble tea, but controlled herself.

I chuckled.

Ava's just so awesome to have sent that to a competitor.

"Yeah, that was me."- Ava nodded not really paying him much attention.

I saw from the side of my eye, how his fist clenched.

I held back my chuckle with a smile.

"Thank you for getting along with us, and your guidance is much appreciated!"- I extended my arm as an expression of gratitude to which he complied, and we shook hands.

"As much as I'd like to attend to you personally, I have other places to be, so a personnel from House Death shall be here this very day to assist to your duties."- He finished with a bow and took a swift glance at Ava at my left.

Too bad that it didn't fail to catch my eye.

Interesting.

The sun rays illuminated the flowers arranged in a golden vase.

Chrysanthemums.

Red.

I sighed.

A knock resonated across the room to which a couple footsteps came to a halt afterwards.

Smell of Death.

"This is Scarlett Brookes, and it's an honor to be by your side."- the voice had a quiver of uncertainty.

Considering my reputation, the person was professional enough to present themselves in front of me.

I turned away from the window to face her and that's when her eyes widened in recognition as she let out a gasp.

"Wait, it's you! Scarlett!"- I gasped as I looked at a known face after so long.

I felt a calm feeling of relief rise in my chest. I haven't felt this way in a while.

"I.."- the girl who I knew as a classmate back in our other lives, was so close to having a breakdown as she choked on her words.

I instinctively took a couple steps forward as I wrapped around my hands on her back and gently patted her to comfort her as much I could.

She pulled back with tears rolling down her cheek.

Her sleek tall frame suited the black suit she was wearing. It made her look super professional.

Is it a thing for House Death to always wear black?

Her black studded ring on her finger stood out elegantly.

"Have you been well?"- My question only led her to sob louder.

"And you? I thought that I'll never see anyone I know ever again!"- She sniffled.

"Oh, you haven't met the others, have you? Sasha, Olivia, Harmony and Ava, you remember them from school? They're here too!"- I tried to smile as I also felt my throat choking in.

With all of the chaos and with training and missions I never got the chance to ponder on if I'd ever get to meet others who I was acquainted with.

I had been so busy running away and worrying about everything that I could never stop and think about it.

After losing my parents, the world looked too much dreary. And the fear of losing whatever of everything that was left, made me focus only on what was laid in front of me.

Till now I was only running, to where I don't know.

"They're here? Oh they're here!"- She smiled amidst her tears.

I smiled back.

"I.. I'm sorry, I got distracted.."- She took a deep breath after composing herself.

"Call me Tiffany."- I smiled.

"No that won't be appropriate!"

"Why would it not be? You used to call me Tiffany back at school, so why not now?"

"But we're not in school anymore!"

"No but I wouldn't like a friend address me funny all day!"- and that made her grin.

"Thank you!"- She smiled wider.

"So, now tell me, who sent those flowers?"- I pointed at the red chrysanthemums sitting in the vase.

"Oh that was Death!"- she tilted her head.

"Oh! Cool!"- I nodded as I plopped down on the couch.

She stood expectantly looking at me.

"Throw those out!"- I said as I looked up.

"Uhh throw the flowers out?"

"Yeah and then can you please send him a bouquet of yellow carnations? That'd be lovely!"- I chuckled.

"Okay, no worries!"- She smiled with her eyebrows raised as she left the room with the vase.

I sighed.

In no way am I going to let any of the Gods get close to me.

They're all the same.

All of them.

........................................................................

**Don't forget to vote and comment!**