Ch 9. Tiffany

"You want YOUR outfit with fishnets?"- Jeongin looked at me as if I'd asked something utterly impossible of him.

Well, yeah! Asking to wear fishnets during a mission as hard as this, does sound a bit impossible.

Fishnets are fancy fabrics and often doesn't allow fluid physical movements.

But it could also put us in a different type of advantage.

"Yes? Why not?"- I grinned.

"Don't you think that fishnets will be a bit of... problematic?"- Hyunjin measured his words.

"Well, yes, it'll be a bit problematic of course, but can you tell me one thing? Would you worry about someone wearing fishnets? Would you consider that the girl wearing fishnets might be assigned on a serious mission?"

Hyunjin's and Jeongin's mouth flew open.

I heard my friends giggle.

"Now you know that why I insist on listening to what she says."- Sasha smiled.

"So? Fishnets for all?"- Olivia enquired.

"Well, actually, Tiffany will be securing the target, therefore, she is required to get the most cover. Olivia and I will be distracting, so we'll need different clothes which will be more practical for movement."- Harmony offered.

"What about you? Ava and Sasha?"- Hyunjin tilted his head at Ava's screen to understand what she was focusing on.

"We can wear normal combat clothes, it's not that we will go into the field. Our work is behind the closed doors."- Sasha explained, to what Ava just nodded.

"Can you request Chris to station a separate car, nearby the venue? If I am to leave with the target, it can prove to be difficult to escape with others. That will increase the chances of getting our cover blown."- I said as I sat down beside the planning desk.

I tried to access the building layout of the venue. As I maximized the tab, I focused on the number of flights of stairs, possible exits, number of windows and all the little details that nobody would pay attention to.

But I did. Because with this task I was betting on everything I have to lose. With one small mistake, I can lose everything. All that I had gathered will be gone.

I know that the Gods are on the search for me. If they get a hold of me, everything will be taken away from me.

I still remember what happened on that day. I had to save one of those Gods. I would've turned a blind eye to it, only if I could. But that man from the Divine Council was really desperate to save him. I had to listen to his plea to save the God. His prayer to save a life was an honest one.

He had prayed for me to save Death.

I knew that for saving his life I'd have to pay a great price in future. I knew that very well.

I knew that with the life given to him, he would come after me to hunt me down. And that is what's going to happen.

Granting life to one's enemy is surely not the wisest move.

But saving him was the right thing to do for the sake of Humanity.

The demise of any God will bring forth greater destruction and anarchy.

The man had not seen my face but he was bright enough to acknowledge me.

He had sworn on his life that he would not reveal my identity to anyone as I was his benefactor.

"I would wait for you to claim what is yours, when the time is right I wish to meet you again."- Those were his last words that I heard before I had disappeared into the woods.

"Tiffany what about the distraction? What do you think that we can do?"- Olivia tapped on the desk, which brought me out of my personal bubble of thought.

Harmony glanced at me.

"Well, I always tell you to improvise at the scene, so that's what I'm telling you again this time. But actually, this needs to be more vicious than before. You have to stall everyone and if you can, put everything in a chaos. A pandemonium is what we need."

A big ruckus will throw our opponents into confusion and we can take advantage of it.

Harmony and Olivia exchanged excited glances.

However, I'm wondering about one thing in particular.

"Do you possibly know anything about who the Divine Council will be assigning?"- I looked up at Hyunjin.

This piqued everyone's interest, even Ava's. It's really difficult to get a visible attention from Ava during group activities.

My question is really a pricking one.

"Well, strangely enough we couldn't get a single lead on who it might be."- Hyunjin shrugged.

"I think it'll be all well and good as long as the prime Gods don't think of participating in this mess."- Sasha commented.

"The Gods won't be assigning themselves I suppose, because that would be weird. It's just impossible."- Olivia laughed to which Harmony joined.

Of course.

My opponent won't be one of them.

Love or Death possibly can't be into this.

I can tackle anyone from the Divine Council easily as long as it's not one of them.

I shall win.

.........................................................................

** vote and comment **