Ch 21. Ava

"Can I get a decent explanation to this situation?"- Tiffany's voice crackled with tamed fury.

Scarlett and I stood silently at the corner, while we saw Namjoon Kim shift uncomfortably on the couch averting his eyes from Tiffany.

"Manipulation of chart data? Disapproval on rebirth? What on earth goes on in here?"- Tiffany sat down behind her desk.

Namjoon didn't utter a word, and kept his eyes trained on the floor.

"Is this going to continue? Are they also planning to order me to do something even more ridiculous?"- Tiffany was going to lose her calm at this rate.

Death had requested to join this meeting with Namjoon Kim, to which Tiffany had sharply declined.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's waiting behind the closed door right now, waiting for this to get over.

Oddly enough, Death has a vested interest on Tiffany, and he's not trying to hide it.

Guessing from the expression on Scarlett's face, he is surely waiting outside.

Imagine seeing your boss act weird in front of you. I can feel Scarlett's pain.

"When we saw the Agents Council we were taken aback a lot. Perhaps even a bit jealous. Here at the Divine Council we have a lot of differences amongst ourselves."- He finally spoke up, but kept himself from meeting her eyes.

Tiffany leaned back on her chair, encouraging him to continue.

"The Gods are completely dedicated to their duties and so are the people working under them. But we have some people who are neither Gods nor do they work under them. I am one of them."

His voice was cracking.

I hope that he doesn't start crying.

I have a bad tendency of starting to cry if someone cries in front of me.

I'm trying to avoid that from happening.

"They... we have a lot of social influence and so we have a certain say over a lot of matters. So, a few of us, abuse their authority. And so..."- I'm sure that even Tiffany can guess that he's having a hard time talking about this.

This might be a sensitive topic for him to talk about.

When I looked at Tiffany, I saw her crack a smile.

"Must you stress that you're a part of them, when they've decided that you don't belong with them?"- Tiffany's chuckle made him paler by the second.

He stopped talking for some ten seconds with his mouth hanging open until he collected himself to say - "How? How did you know that I'm an outcast?"

Oh right!

Scarlett had mentioned to me before that all the matters related to the Neo-politicians are highly classified.

"It won't require any superpower to know that. You don't indulge yourself in their crazy fantasies and you don't exploit others, so of course they see you as a threat!"- Tiffany shrugged and then continued to chuckle.

"So, what can we do now?"- Namjoon's face gave way to a soft smile as he realized that he was not being misunderstood by her.

"For now, we say no."- Her eyes glanced at Scarlett and me for a second before resting on Namjoon again.

"We say no?"

"The Gods shall decline everything that they demand."

"And if they protest?"

"That bridge must burn."

"Huh?"

"Our target will be, to get rid of the trash. All of them will have to go. They will be barred from entering the council again."

"But how can we tell such people to leave? They..."- Namjoon creased his eyebrows.

"What do they do in the council?"

"They see if everything is going well..."

"I asked what do they do?"

Namjoon kept silent.

He probably didn't even know himself that what those people did.

"Things will be going the way it is, even if they stop looking after it. Instead, they get in the way of the Gods and cause problems! 99% of the problems of the the council is caused due to them! The workers often have to work overtime to do the damage control after  completing the bullshit stuff they order the Gods to do! You think that the people here are slaves?"- Tiffany didn't even stop to take a breath.

The problem was serious if it is involved with the administration itself.

Namjoon was at a loss of words.

Maybe listening to the problems out loud is putting a lot more weight on his conscience.

"And, about that disapproval on rebirth! Is House Life a complete joke to them? Do they want to stop living? Should I arrange for a vacation six feet under, specially for them? I need to know exactly which people ordered for the disapproval. I can't let this slide."- Tiffany huffed as she stood up.

"So, is the meeting with the Gods and Neo-politicians still on?"- Namjoon also stood up to leave.

"Of course, I'm not going to have to give them a personal visit for their deeds I hope. And tell Death on your way out that this is not a good time for him to be catching a visit with me!"- Tiffany completed with her usual cold monotone.

I can smell conflict from miles away.

I hope that she will be okay.

I hope that we all will be okay.

....................................................................

*** don't forget to vote and comment  ^_^ ***