02

Matteo's POV:

I curl up on the corner of the couch in the living room while Emil's chef prepares us breakfast. I haven't ever spoken with him, as he does not speak English or Italian, and I'm fluent in German but I need to practice a bit more. I can speak six languages: Italian, English, German, French, Spanish, and Japanese.

Since my parents kept me inside a lot, unless I was going to a dinner party with them where they could show me off like a prize animal they were going to sell. I'm pretty sure that's how they saw me; a piece of property to sell. That's why I learned so many languages; my sister Sofia and I taught ourselves other languages and learned about other countries.

I considered leaving a few times after Matias did, as he protected me a lot with his scary reputation. With him gone, I had men three times my age approaching me, trying to convince me to give them a chance... thankfully Sofia stepped up and protected me, despite being an Omega as well.

Emil was there sometimes, but I didn't sense him until I was eighteen. He pulled me aside the day I sensed him, a few months after I turned eighteen, because I approached him and was all red in the cheeks and shy. My mate told me he accepted me and wanted to be with me, but he was traveling and things were unsure with the branch of the company he was part of.

So, I had to wait nearly nine months until my mate came back and collected me. It was a hard time, as men still hit on me since they didn't know that my heart belonged to someone else. However, I was so unsure because Emil had not really ever spoken to me too much, so I didn't know if he'd reject me for revealing that I was his mate.

When he came back, he quite literally swept me off my feet at a dinner party, kissing me and making it very clear to everyone that I was his.

Thank the goddess that Matias and Everest skipped that one, or Emil might have been dead on the floor for touching me...

He took me back to his house in Italy and I'm pretty sure I fell in love with him that day. Even though I've not said the words yet, and now I don't know if I'll ever be able to choke them out, the feeling is there.

He'll get rid of me soon, though, when he sees any other Omega who is more beautiful than me. Which is any Omega, as I said.

I feel bad for not giving him what he wants; we were very sexual and touchy early on, but after the attack I felt ashamed to let him see me. It would hurt to bad to see the disgust in his eyes if he were to see me naked with all of my scars.

I whimper at the thought of it, burying my face into the pillow on my lap. It's not fair that Emil has to be dragged down and held here because he's too kind to throw me out onto the street.

"Breakfast is ready," Emil's cook calls in German, and I thank him in the same language, though mine is very accented.

I don't move from the couch, and I know that the chef will not take it personally; I've heard Emil tell him that I have a small appetite after the chef asked if he should study more Italian recipes so I would eat more.

The food is good, I just haven't had an appetite.

"Baby boy, you need to eat," Emil says, sitting down on the couch and holding two plates.

I like when he calls me that, but I haven't replied with any pet names. The only ones I really called him were "Alpha" and "daddy" though the latter was initially to tease him because he's six years older than me. Well, up until I realized how hot he found it, then it became commonplace until the attack.

"I'm not hungry," I mumble, not looking at him.

After my breakdown this morning, I don't know why he's still being sweet. He should have kicked me out or sent me to live with Matias until my brother got tired of me and sent me back to Italy.