20

Matteo's POV:

Our vacation was blissfully relaxing, but we got home two weeks ago and everything is kind of slow and back to normal. I'm now two months into my pregnancy, but I'm still not showing, much to my disappointment.

Emil tries to assure me that since the doctor keeps saying our baby is healthy, he's not worried, and it could mean we're just having one pup or two small ones. It doesn't soothe me; I want to know that the baby or babies are growing.

"Why are you brooding so much?" Emil asks me, poking my nose and making me snap to attention because I was zoned out before. "Angel, we talked about this..."

I huff. "I'm not showing yet."

"It could be another month, love."

"But I want to show."

"I know," Emil coos, scooping me up from my comfy position on the couch and holding me in his lap.

He's supposed to be doing something on his laptop for work, but he put it aside to hold me. It makes me feel important and loved, but I fight back my smile because I'm annoyed with myself.

Emil rubs my belly with his palm, kissing my neck while he does so. "You'll show soon enough, baby boy... our baby is just going to be cute and tiny, like you."

I feel my face heat up, laying my head back comfortably against my mate. I'm so in love with him right now; any time he cuddles me like this, it just enhances how I feel about him.

"I might have to get you more cropped shirts," Emil murmurs, each of his hands on either side of my belly. "I want to see your belly at every opportunity once you start showing."

"I'd like that," I whisper, closing my eyes under his attention I'm being given.

"You're not wearing them out, though," he growls, nibbling my ear lobe and then my neck. "Only I get to see."

I giggle. "What if Everest wants to see how the baby is growing?"

"He and Matias are the only exceptions... maybe Nikolas and Andreas when they come over, but I don't want them feeling the bump unless I'm there."

I understand that; loving Alphas like my mate are obviously fiercely protective when their mate is pregnant, especially when the baby bump starts to grow. If a different Alpha touches then bump wrong, their scent could get on it because of the scent glands in their wrists, and it can send the other Alpha into a rage because they don't know where the scent came from.

It's less likely to happen with an Omega scent, but it's still not worth it to take the risk. Personally, I don't want anyone touching my baby bump without Emil being by my side anyway.

"Okay," I say, purring as Emil takes my hands and plays with my fingers while we cuddle.

"I have to go to a meeting tomorrow morning... do you want me to call someone to come stay with you?"

I shake my head. "No, chances are I'll just lay in bed if I wake up... or I'll sleep the whole time."

Emil hums, but I know he's unsure. "I will have a couple of people watching the house, so if you need help you can call them. I'll leave you their numbers."

I turn around in his lap and kiss his lips. "Emil, I promise I will be okay for a couple of hours while you are at your meeting."

"I know... I just hate leaving you alone. Sadly, this meeting is not one that can be done online."

"I will be alright," I say, kissing him again, lightly, and gasping when he deepens the kiss.

Emil groans and rubs my back, squeezing my hips. "I would love to continue this, but I do need to finish some work," he says, setting me back at the end of the couch and grabbing his laptop.