24

Matteo's POV:

"Go with daddy," I tell Elias, wincing and gripping my lower belly.

He shakes his head defiantly.

"Elias, we are going to be traveling for a few days and I need you to get some energy out," I scold him, trying to be firm despite the cramps that my growing baby is causing.

Emil scoops him up. "Come on, buddy, don't give daddy a headache," he jokes, kissing Elias' cheek. "How are you feeling, my love?"

"Fucking hurts," I scowl, sitting down on the couch.

Most of everything is staying here except for important travel documents and one duffel bag apiece to help us travel light. Not that there should be anything that goes wrong, but in case we need to make a run for it, Emil wants us to have less stuff to carry.

"Sweetheart, we can always wait-"

I cut him off. "No, I told you that I want to go before he's born. The doctor said that travel will be fine as long as I'm comfortable and we will be in a private jet."

Emil is not pleased with my answer and huffs in annoyance. "I am only looking out for you and our son. I don't want him to get hurt because we rushed moving."

I feel rage strike me before I have the chance to get myself under control. "You don't think I can take care of my son?!" I snarl, standing up and glaring at my mate.

"I never said that!" Emil snaps back, and I can see that he is too stressed to play the comforting, sweet role today. He is going to argue with me, and in my current state, I feel like fighting.

"You implied it!" I yell, and I watch Elias squirm out of Emil's arms and run out of the room. "Do you think I would intentionally put any of my children in danger?!"

Emil growls. "You seem to like to put yourself in danger, so what the hell am I supposed to think?" he shouts back, and my blood runs cold. Emil sees my shock at his words and I'm sure I am radiating red hot anger. "Matteo, I didn't mean that."

"Yet you said it," I say, my voice steadier than I anticipated. "Do you think I'm the reason for this disgusting scar on my face? Because I dared wait outside instead of following you like an obedient little Omega that should wait on his Alpha?"

"No, angel, I don't think that," Emil says, his voice pleading.

I shake my head. "No, you think I'm weak. You think I'm fragile and that I can't do anything. You think that I will put my children in danger if you're not here because I'm just some bubble headed Omega who is incapable of anything except spreading his legs and causing problems!"

"No, I don't think any of that, Matteo!" Emil grabs my arm and tries to pull me closer to him, but I squirm away.

"Goddess, just fucking leave me alone. Take Elias for a walk and I'll stay here with Everest and finish up final preparations."

Emil huffs. "Fine, don't listen to me, but this is a relationship with two people and I am not going to take all of the blame when you refuse to communicate with me," he growls before he calls for Elias.

Our son comes out cautiously.

"Don't worry, daddies fight sometimes," Emil soothes, picking him up. "I love you, Matteo."

I hum a sound of agreement, but I'm too pissed off to say the words back.

Everest has been upstairs this whole time, but he conveniently comes down as soon as Emil leaves. He probably heard the whole fight, based on the expression on his face. He's been bored for the last couple of days, because Matias has been out of the house a lot, tying up loose ends.