10

Matteo's POV:

I'm about five days away from my heat when Emil decides that we need to go on a midday walk and brings me to a small building just outside of the city. I don't like getting too close to the city because there's a lot of people, and I'm confused as to why we're at a building.

"What is this place?" I ask, refusing to go in the building because I don't like that we're at some random building that smells mostly like Omegas.

I trust Emil and know that he will do what's best for me, but I don't like that he's taking me somewhere that I've never been to. Plus, he's not telling me why I'm here which freaks me out even more because he knows that it's some place I won't like.

"It's a building," Emil states plainly, gripping my hand tighter when I try to pull away. "Relax, love, it's just a place I think we should look into."

"What is it?"

"It's a place for Omegas who have gone through trauma or hardships to discuss their issues and be around other Omegas. Matias mentioned it to me, but there are also options for Omegas, Alphas, and Betas to go together, as he and Everest attend those."

I pout as we walk in the building. "You're abandoning me here?" I whine, way more childishly than necessary.

Emil pets my hair as he walks me to a room where a group of Omegas is all sitting at a large table. "I'll be back in an hour. You can call me if you want to leave, but I would like you to try."

I keep moping as Emil checks me in.

"If you behave and make a friend, I'll give you a nice reward later," Emil purrs in my ear, kissing my neck.

Huh. Maybe I should give this a try.

"Fine," I mumble, pecking his lips. "You'll come get me if I call you?"

"Of course, but you need to try. You can't just call me because you decided you want to leave without putting in any effort."

I huff. "How would you know?"

"You know that you're not allowed to lie to me, baby boy," Emil growls, pressing his forehead against mine. "Go on, now, I'll see you in an hour."

I sigh and walk into the room, sitting at the end of the table on my own. I glance back at my mate once more, and he blows me a kiss before leaving the building.

I don't want to be here, but he wants me to try, and I honestly do need to try to make friends. Plus, maybe I can get some confidence here. Maybe I'll be able to connect with other Omegas who are more like myself.

I can see there's other Omegas here with scars on their bodies and some look more nervous than me.

A young woman walks to the other end of the table, her hair in a bun and she's holding a clipboard in her hands. She looks nice enough, but I still don't feel super comfortable being in a room of people like this.

"Good afternoon," she says calmly, her voice very soothing, as she is an Omega and a rather composed one at that. "For those of you who I have not met, my name is Heidi, and I lead this group for Omegas who have gone through some kind of trauma and need a space away from their mate or the people in their lives to speak with others who will be able to understand them a bit more."

I keep staring at the table; it's a dark wooden table and has no scratches on it, which makes it feel really artificial. Do they even use this room for anything? Is it just to interrogate traumatized Omegas?

"Let us go around and introduce ourselves," Heidi says, and I'm sure she's smiling at us, but I'm not making eye contact. "Please tell us your name and why you are here."