25

Emil's POV:

Elias holds my hand as we walk down the main street, looking around at all of the vendors from the weekend market. It's something Matteo loves to go to when we have time. Goddess, I feel so guilty for snapping at him earlier. Elias stops in his tracks and points at one of the stalls. 

I kneel down to be able to understand his signing and so I can respond without him missing something because I am up so high. 

"Daddy likes oranges. Can we get him some?" he signs, pointing at the ripe citrus fruits.

Their aroma is floating through the air and it smells delicious. 

"Sure, buddy," I say, also signing the words. "Is there anything you wanted for yourself?"

Elias purses his lips before continuing to sign. "I want to get you something, but I don't have money yet."

I hand him my card. "Go get what you want, Elias. I'll keep an eye on you but won't look at what you're buying, okay?" 

He nods and skips off. 

Since the market is not that busy, I buy a few oranges while being able to also watch Elias purchase something from another stall. He is such a well behaved boy and he is so thoughtful. There has not been one time in which we have come to the market and Elias has not suggested buying something for someone else. 

For four years old, he has a lot of maturity, and I am sure a lot of it has to do with his childhood trauma. We have been seeing a therapist with him because he refuses to go alone, but she is fluent in German sign and has offered to do online meetings when we move to America. 

Elias comes back with a bouquet of white roses and hands them to me, grinning. 

"Are these for me?" I ask him. 

Elias nods. "Daddy told me that movies are wrong and boys like getting flowers, too," he signs. "You deserve flowers, dad."

I smile and pick him up, kissing his cheek. "You are such a sweet boy. I love you so much, Elias," I say, and he responds by signing "I love you."

My phone starts to ring and I see Matias' name. "Hold on a second, uncle Matias is calling me."

Elias stands patiently and I answer the phone. 

Matias doesn't give me a second to greet him. "Where the fuck are you?" he demands.

"The market with Elias. We were going on a walk before heading to the airport so he could get some energy out. Are you alright, Matias?"

"No, I'm not! Everest and I have matching bracelets that we press in case of emergency and mine just went off. He was not answering his phone so I ran home, and all of the guards are dead! Both he and Matteo are missing and the only scent beside their scents and blood was fucking Adrian's scent!" he shouts, and I can tell he is seconds from crying. 

I'm already panicking; I know that Adrian was after Everest, but what does he want with my sweet angel? 

"I am going to leave Elias with one of my friends and then I will be back to the house. Matias, stay calm, we need to be levelheaded right now, do you understand me? We need to focus on our mates."

Matias sighs in irritation. "I understand. I will try to track both of their phones, as I did not see them in the house. I will also reach out to others who were tracking Adrian and the other Alphas to see if they can help. Just get here soon."

He hangs up and I lift Elias, rushing to one of the pastry stalls where a family friend of mine works. 

"I need you to watch Elias," I say urgently. "My mate needs my help, I am not sure when I will return, but I will pay you for your time. Please, take care of my son."