19

Emil's POV:

Matteo barely moves when I try to wake him up; he only glares at me and closes his eyes once again, mumbling something about ruining his beauty sleep. Of course, I won't have that, so I scoop him up and carry him out the door.

I've already gotten all of our bags together and out to the car that will take us to the train station, but now I need to get my brat moving.

"Emil, let me go back to sleep," he whines, and I feel bad because I know he's tired.

Of course, fatigue is one of those things that's going to bother him for the entirety of his pregnancy. I feel bad that it's hitting him, but at least he hasn't had severe morning sickness yet.

"You can sleep on the way there," I tell him, sliding in the back seat of the car.

I paid for a private compartment on the train so that Matteo wouldn't have to change into clothes, especially since it is a rather early train. This way, he can stay in his comfortable pajamas (that consist of pajama pants and one of my t-shirts) instead of changing into daily clothes.

Matteo doesn't like that I make him sit in his own seat in the car, but he seems happier when I buckle him in and then wrap my arms around him to keep him as close as possible. He doesn't fall back asleep, since Everest and Matias are already debating in the car.

"I'm simply stating that if you sleep with socks, you probably don't change your underwear consistently either," Everest says, making Matias furrow his eyebrows.

"Angel, I don't think those two things correlate."

I roll my eyes at the duo. "Does one of you sleep with socks on?"

"You think I'd mate with him if he wore socks to bed?" Everest asks, his face contorted in disgust. "And I know he changes his underwear every day, or else I'd sleep in another room."

Matias smiles lovingly at his mate. "I just don't think those thing necessarily correlate."

Matteo groans. "Can you have your lovers quarrel somewhere else?"

"We're in a moving car."

Matteo shrugs. "So jump. Seems like quite an obvious solution."

"Love, relax," I whisper, rubbing his back. "I know you're tired, you can sleep soon."

"Why are we up so early?" Matteo whines.

"He still doesn't know?" Everest asks, reaching over to ruffle Matteo's fluffy hair. "You're in for a surprise!"

Matteo's eyes open at that and he looks up at me. "What's he taking about?" He doesn't wait for me to answer and looks out the window, his eyes widening when he sees the train station. "Where are we going?!"

"Well, I know you don't like the idea of staying in your hometown, so the four of us are going on our own little trip. Since you don't like planes, we decided to take the train, and we're going to stay in a small human-dominant town on the coast."

Matteo grins and jumps forward to kiss me deeply. He pushes his tongue into my mouth for a brief second before I dominate the kiss and hold his cheek with my left hand.

"Okay, you can't swallow his tongue and we have a train to catch," Everest says, getting out of the car following Matias and taking his bag from our driver.

I won't allow my baby boy to carry his bag, so I take both of ours once I get him out of the car. The security line goes quick because it's so early and there's only going to be a few departures at this hour.

There is one coffee place open inside of the station where I purchase a tea and a pastry for my mate and a coffee for me. Then, we wait at the platform until a worker arrives to scan our tickets and allow us on the train.