14

Matteo's POV:

Alphas love the chase, unless it's their mate who's in heat and does not want to eat.

"Get your ass over here!" Emil growls at me, trying to block my exits, but he's one person and I'm an Omega.

We're fast and I'm not going to eat the snacks he wants me to eat. Not only am I not hungry, but I'm also not willing to compromise. I don't care if Emil uses his Alpha tone; my peak was miserable and I've finally hit a lull so I'm going to do what I want.

"Matteo, I'm not fucking around. You had better come here before I catch you," he growls lowly.

"You can't catch me," I tease, sticking my tongue out at him. "You're a big, brutish Alpha! You can't move quick enough to catch me."

He growls. "Get your ass over here," he demands, using his Alpha tone, but it doesn't sway me.

It almost does, and it definitely pulls me toward him a bit, but I'm too determined to play my game. I shake off the feeling; Emil loves me and he won't hurt me in a way I don't like. He might slap my ass for this, but that's kind of hot right now, so I'm not against it.

"No," I defy, hopping over the counter and managing to land it on my feet, keeping myself out of his grasp. "I'm not hungry."

Emil huffs. "Matteo Amato, you have not eaten since yesterday morning. It's four in the afternoon. I understand your peak was difficult, but I will not have you passing out or getting sick because you don't eat!"

Oh fuck, he used my full name.

As in, my first and last name.

I waver a bit, and that's all the advantage Emil needs to leap over the counter and grab my arm. I shriek and try to run, but he slides the rest of the way over the counter and scoops me up.

"Definitely caught you off guard there," he growls, but he doesn't have the smirk on his face that I'm used to. "I'll tell you what is going to happen here. First, we're going to go back to our bedroom. Then, you're going to eat the lunch I've prepared for you, drink your full bottle of water, and then you're going to take a shower because neither of us have showered since before your peak. Then, I'm going to spank your ass until it's raw."

Yeah, he's really pissed off.

Emil doesn't really show emotion and he doesn't show any love unless it's for me. And, with me, he doesn't usually show anger unless it's playful or I've been a brat.

I've definitely been a brat and my ass is going to hurt tonight.

"You can't spank me," I argue as he carries me back to the bedroom and sets me down at the desk in our room where my lunch has been set. "I'm in heat, you have to be nice to me!"  

Emil raises an eyebrow. "You knew what you were doing when you decided to run off like a little brat."

"I'm in heat, I can't be held responsible for my actions."

Emil growls. "You're being such a pain today," he grumbles, pushing the plate filled with pasta, apples, and carrots toward me. "Eat your food."

I pout, laying my head on the table. "I'm not hungry." My stomach growls in betrayal which pisses me off because I want to be stubborn right now and stick to what I said.

"Well, your belly is telling me otherwise," Emil says, poking my side. "Do you need me to leave? What's going on with you?"

"I don't know, I just don't feel like listening to you right now," I mumble childishly, crossing my arms.