23

Emil's POV:

Matteo's belly is getting bigger every day, and it is stressing me out. Not because of the pregnancy, of course, as I am nothing but excited that my mate is going to soon be delivering our other son. The reason I am stressed is because I want to hurry along this process of moving to America. However, because Matteo insists upon doing this the legal and standard way, which I can understand, it is taking much longer.

My mate is only about a month away from giving birth, and unfortunately he is bored as all hell. Of course, boredom is better than being overly stressed, but I have definitely been a bit overprotective of my mate, our unborn baby, and our son who is born. Even Matias is not being as overprotective as me, and he has witnessed his first mate's death and Everest was kidnapped not too long ago. 

I have been keeping Matteo inside for the most part, and the only times he gets to go out are with me. And, when we do go out, there are at least five to ten guards posted down the street. 

Since I hate the idea of not being able to take care of my mate and children, we have been staying with Matias and Everest so there is always someone around. Thankfully, Nikolas and Andreas have been coming over a lot so Matteo is not completely bored, but I know he is not happy with me. 

He hasn't let me fuck him in nearly two weeks!

"No, sweetheart, let daddy put them in the oven," I hear Matteo say. "When you're a little bigger you can do it, but for now I don't want you to do it, alright?"

Elias does not seem to put up a fight, and when I enter the kitch en, I watch Matteo close the oven. Since his belly is so big he can't pick Elias up anymore which seems to bother our son, but he is excited to be a big brother. 

I watch Elias start to sign, and I only catch the end where he signs "baby."

"No, honey, daddy bending over to put stuff in the oven won't hurt the baby," Matteo says, signing everything he says at the same time. "I wouldn't do anything to hurt your baby brother."

Elias seems satisfied by that answer and runs over to me, holding his arms up.

"Hey, buddy," I say, lifting him up and tossing him into the air. 

He squeals in delight and hugs me when I catch him. 

"What are you making?" I ask Matteo, not missing the irritation that always seems to live on his face. Well, at least since I started keeping him locked up inside. 

"We're making bienenstich," he says, shooting me a glare. 

I raise an eyebrow. "You don't like bienenstich." 

"No, but Elias loves it and you were working, so there's no way I'd be able to make the five minute walk with my son to get him a slice so we're making it here," he says. 

"Matteo, you know it is not as easy as that," I argue, and my tone is a bit more harsh than I initially intended, which has Matteo glaring at me. "I'm sorry, that was a bit harsher than I meant for it to be."

Elias seems to sense the tension because he squirms out of my grip. He quickly signs that he is going to go to see Everest, who is likely asleep, and then he rushes out of the room. 

"I am not having this conversation again, Emil," Matteo says, moving his dirty bowls to the sink and turning them on to soak. "I know I can't go out, I know it's too dangerous, I know that the guards can't protect me the way you can and blah blah blah. It's fucking exhausting being trapped in here all day, though."

I frown and move my mate so I can start doing the dishes instead of him. "Baby boy..." I try, but he just rolls his eyes and sits down at the kitchen table. "I just want you safe."