Runner

TW!: G0re and torture ⚠️
———————————————————————————
Mara's POV: my eyes shot open to the silver titanium walls of my cell. Hand cuffed to the chair legs. My head leaking blood, and my mouth silenced with a black fabric tied around my mouth. I started screaming but it was muffled by the cloth. The door then opened to the one face I couldn't forget. He held his pocket knife up. But my view switched. I could see myself. 'Okay this is just a dream. Just wake up' I thought to myself as the man removed the cloth. "Any last words?" He said with a evil grin, "this is a dream, It's fake". He cackled and I saw the blade slash across my through quickly as blood started to poor from my mouth and throat.......
——————————————————————————-
My eyes shot open as I  gasped for air realizing that i was in fact sitting in a chair and had my  hands cuffed to the white table. The florissant light flickering. Then I saw the mirror beside me. I already knew what was behind it. I lifted my wrist and the chain lifted and rattled, I then closed my eyes and focused all my energy on the hand cuffs and I then felt pressure leave my wrist and heard clicks going in different directions of the room. I opened my eyes and saw my wrist were free. I stood up and walked to the heavy looking door I tried to open it but failed and realized it was locked. I tried to use my powers again but didn't work. I haven't used my abilities in a while since last time I did it was to hurt people. I huffed in frustration and slid down the wall. I looked up and saw a video camera I started at it for a good minute and it slowly fell down as if it died. I then got up and grabbed one of the chairs and started slamming it against the mirror until it finally shattered but oddly no one was behind it. I carefully climbed over the small shorter wall and looked out to the stretched hallway. I grabbed my backpack the stood propped up on a table with all my stuff laid out, I quickly tossed my stuff into the backpack. And looked for a way out. 

I started walking down the hallway being carful of anybody I didn't know. I then snuck into what looked like a lab and looked for anything sharp that I could use as a weapon and thankfully I found my knife that was missing from my bag. I placed the folded knife into my pocket and heard footsteps approaching. I quickly hid under the table that was thankfully covered with a sheet the got all the way to the floor and waited but I saw two pairs of feet. Classic office manager shoes and some running shoes.  they were chatting about IDK?, but they're distracted. I then watched their feet move identically together to a different side of the room, I quickly crawled on all fours like a  baby and hid behind a counter as they kept speaking. Then I heard a clink and felt already caught. "Oh Bruce can you get that" The other man said, "Sure" said the other one and picked up the item that dropped I stopped breath and froze after pushing my whole body against the counter's wall. But then I heard the footsteps shift once again and I crawled along the floor to the other side and waited for the footsteps  that were leaving to fade out of the distance. I peaked around the corner and saw no one present. I then saw a phone sitting on the counter I snagged it and snuck off. And I saw a vent open, I quickly go up and climbed into the vent and  started navigating my way through cane across a vent that went up, I managed to climb upwards and found my way to the outside. I sat on the roof realizing I was nowhere near my friends I then remembered that I had a walkie-talkie in my backpack. I found it after I  rummaged through it. I turned it on and heard static and said "um?- it's Willow Tree is anyone here to water?" Stupid code I know but you try making up a unique code that you and your friends only know and then after the long static I heard, "Farmer J is Here" I sigh i relief and say "Jamie where are you?" She then says "We're in another hideout, Where are you?!" I look around the place and say "I don't know maybe at some kind of secret Police station but I guess not they had a lab and I saw Tony Stark and Bruce Banner. All I see right now is a open field and a dirt road" , I hear a sigh and she says "okay, okay uh can you turn on that setting you created the- "Hide And Seek Setting", and we'll find you promise  just turn that mode on and then radio silence" I did as instructed and placed the walkie-talkie in my backpack side and sat in the silence heard a voice say "Hey brat I think you should come down, it's not safe!" I looked over the edge and saw Tony with a guy who had a metal arm, I then shout "NO!" And heard a low "you want me to go up and get her?" And in response I heard another voice say "nah let her come down herself, can't stay there all day" I looked over again and saw Steve, I roll my eyes and saw a few rocks. Then all I heard was "Hey quit throwing rocks or I'll make Captain Hook come up there!" I snickered. I pull myself more to the edge and sat with my legs dangled and Shouted "Go ahead send him up he touches me he dies" Tony then starts laughing and says "you kill him HAH! He could destroy you with one hit"  he continued to laugh but stopped once he watched his expensive car lift in the air and drop harshly, then I said "Yea I'll stay here" then heard my radio go off and I quickly scooted back and grabbed my walkie-talkie and said "Jamie are you there!?", "Yeah we're here I see you on the roof" she responds, I look past the three men and say "No wait you guys are gonna get caught", "Don't worry I'm gonna have Lila make a bubble around them" next thing I see is a warped bubble appear around the three men. All of course confused about the bubble around them i then started to climb down or slide down and run to my friends and hug by them. "Are you okay?!" Lila asked while holding the bubble around the men, I then say "Yea I'm good" I then turn back to the men and Tony says "I hope you guys now that you guys will be hunted and killed" I look at Lila and she removed the bubble around the group. I look at Tony and say "Do you know what my power is?" Tony cocks his eyebrows and says "No I don't, we were hoping that you could tell us" I look at my friends signaling them to back up which they did, "My ability lets my Destroy and Control Matter. Which means I can kill you and 'The higher up's'. So go ahead let us be hunted, It'll get messy" We then began to walk away when I watched Max, Jamie, and Lila fall to the ground as their body's jerked and shook from the sudden electricity. I look behind me and Realized Tony had planned this. Asshole had his suit on. He lifted his hand up pointing at me and said "Even if that was your ability. I don't believe you" I then felt the same shock of electricity corse through my body but I didn't fall I sat on my knees as I fought. I couldn't give in not yet. I guess it was time the last time I used my powers Me and my friend were little.

I stilled my body as much as I could still trembling lightly and rose to my feet as I looked at Tony's expensive car. The vehicle started to shake slowly and began shaking more violently as I gave into the painful shock but eventually the car Exploded as I watched the mens faces become a blur but quickly went black again....