The file

Mara's POV:
I was quiet the whole ride and so was everyone else. I watched as the clouds flew past the window, alone in The silence was unnerving and overpowering. I couldn't think and my mind was clouded with the pictures and sounds that I thought I shook off but, clearly, I was wrong. I was pulled from my trance when a hand tapped me on my shoulder, I turned around and Steve was beside me, he cleared his throat and said "SHIELD is investigating the case and collecting any information useful" I hum in response not even bothering to look him in the eyes. Steve stood by my side in the silence that wasn't as overwhelming anymore ".....hey Steve" I say as he looks to me "would you ever... be mad at me" his eyes meet mine and he then says "no. I wouldn't be mad, even if it seems like it" he turns away from me and back to the window as I processed what he said, "... tomorrow... can we talk... like really talk... not... not train and talk" he didn't look at me when I said that he just said "yea, sure we can talk" I turned away and continued sitting in the silence that was no longer cluttering the small space I was in. The silence that once caused me pain every second of the day was no longer the same, the air was replaced with the true oxygen that I needed to breath and not be in as much pain. It was a weight lifting of my shoulders but slowly and taking a breath, a real genuine breath for the first time, instead of the breathe being borrowed air. It was like I was in a glass box and it was opened but I wasn't sure if I could trust the freedom I was given and I stayed in the corner of the box. I was finally taking a leap of faith or at least a step into the darkness that wasn't lit up until now.
——————————————————————————— A/N: sorry I haven't updated in a while I'm back in school and I honestly keep forgetting about the story so I am sorry. (And the fact that this is shorter than me)