Making amends

No one's pov:
The whole area shook uncontrollably. The building, the trees, it was like a mass earth quake on one area. Mara was out cold. Her nose, ears, and eyes bled while the whites of her eyes showed as her buddy shook uncontrollably.The Avengers found Mara's location and went to rescue her from her hellish nightmare.

Steve's POV:
Upon landing the ground seemed to tremble and shake which wasn't a good sign, we hurriedly rushed towards the building as it shook. I was about to go inside when Bucky stopped me as we all watched it collapse. The dust rose up and blocked our vision. Once the dust cleared I was quick to move through the rubble. I found six puddles of blood scattered in different spots but no bodies, I continued walking until I heard some wincing and groans. I was quick to start running towards the sound and I found Mara, she had spots of dust and dirt on her and some blood on her face draining from her eyes, nose, and ears, she also had a small head injury in the corner of her forehead "Mara!... Mara can you hear me!" I said as I lifted her up and watched her eyes peak open slightly.

Mara's POV:
"Mara!... Mara can you hear me!" A muffled voice called out as I slightly opened my eyes with all the strength I could.... He was.. here. Steve was here. I'm opened my eyes completely as the ringing in my ears subsided. With a gruff voice I say "are they here?!" Steve's face goes to confusion then to understanding "no" I stand up with the help of Steve's hand and saw the blood puddle. I try to take a step forward but a throbbing pain in my head and a sharp stab in my ankle stop me. Steve takes my arm over his shoulder and helps me walk. We got back to the Quinn Jet and I got to lay down. I gave up... I gave up on myself.... Again.
A cloth is pressed to my head as I hiss in return "Sorry" Nat says as she looks at my injury "well you have a minor head injury and a twisted ankle" I look up at her and say "I think I could've figured that out myself..." she chuckles and says "don't worry you'll be fine"  we flew back in silence and that was the last of it...

I saw my friends and they hugged me and.... Cried.... Got patched up.... And talked to fury (but I don't really want to talk about that part) he agreed that it would be best if me, Jamie, max, and Lila went into homes with actual families since Fury managed to convince his higher ups otherwise.

We packed up all of our shit..... went outside..... and said out goodbyes.... Got hugs.... And we left the compound.... We moved into a foster care facility and shared a room together in the older girls section. Kids came and left.