9- family problems

Someone moves around me and places their hand on me. I feel the sparks. I jump back and crawl away. The prince, sorry Alex, looks shocked. He looks at his hand then at me.

"Ethan, grab her. Us three need to have a talk." Alex stands and begins walking towards the doors. Ethan walks over to me and grabs one of my arms and drags me.

"Stand up you lazy ass." He growls out.

"No! I refuse!" I yell out. He picks me up and throws me over his shoulder.

I wave bye to everyone and a few wave back before getting smacked on the back of their heads. Ethan follows Alex down the hall. Alex opens a door and motions for us to go in. Ethan drops me in a chair and stands in front of me.

They don't understand how we feel about letting our brothers show up. My demon says.

I agree. But sadly they won't understand the situation at hand. And I can't kill the future king and my brother. I tell her.

"Ash?" Ethan says. My eyes snap to his.

"Yes?"

"Care to explain?"

"My brothers are crazy. I never knew they we-"

"No, about the sparks." Alex speaks this time.

My eyes snap to his this time. I take a deep breath.

"Mate." Ethan explains for me. "The sparks usually mean you two are mates. That's how it is with werewolves and vampires."

I look to the floor.

Secret is out.

Alex takes a sharp breath. "You mean I'm mates with a demon?!" His tone sounds so pissed off. A tone so sharp I flinch.

"Be happy you have one! I've been waiting five years for mine!" Ethan snaps.

"Have her!" Alex says.

Tears gather in my eyes. Why does this hurt so badly? I look up.

"I'm only half demon. I'm the mutt of the family. I got my mother's angel nature too. I've never killed a human before and never plan on it. My demon side is from my father. I was taught to hate angels because they are tricky bastards. I was taught to hate half of myself. I was kidnapped from my mother at age 13. I miss my two other brothers and my baby sister. I never wanted to have my demonic side to have control but sadly it was the side that come forth first." I explain harshly.

My anger takes over, making my voice hard. "I'm practically schizophrenic because I can hear both my angel and demon talking. I was nearly killed in a virus that swept through and killed almost all women. My ex boyfriend tried to kill me when I told him what I was and I was planned on being married off to some noble demon just to keep the royal family in control. I am such a good fighter because I had no other way to express my feelings."

I slouch in the chair and rub my hands down my face. "Before you judge you need the full story. And now you have it. Trust me when I say I'm not your average demon." I sound so broken.

"Why?" Alex says.

"Why what?"

"Why did you tell me everything?" He crouches in front of me and places a hand on my knee. The sparks shoot up and I stare at the hands with sadness.

"Because I was never given a chance for actual love or any hope for it." My voice is so quiet and broken. I'm such an open book.

"Ash, you didn't know they were coming did you?" Ethan asks.