31-Humans growl?

"Alex, be quiet and let the girl finish." The king snaps. He looks over to me and nods for me to continue.

"I originally came here on a mission, to kill the assassin that is going to try and kill your son. Fate decided to be a bitch and set me up with the person I have to protect, that can kill me. I was only suppose to come for the ball and leave, never to let you know who I am or what I am. Once my job with the ball is done, I am leaving."

"Why are you telling us this?" The king asks.

"I don't want mister moody beside me," I point my thumb towards Alex. "to freak out if I disappear and never show my face again."

"Why are you leaving?" Alex whines.

"Father's orders."

"You're obeying them now!? After this whole time!?" He snaps.

"She has no choice. If she wants you to live then she has to follow his orders." The king explains to his son, nearly snapping himself.

"He already has a suitor choosen for me."

"Who is it?" Alex growls out. I look at him, completely shocked.

"Humans growl?" I ask.

They can be very possessive like a alpha wolf and out for blood like a vampire.

Humans can drink blood?

No, Ash, they kill people too, mainly their own kind.

Oh, thank you angel!

"Yes they growl. They also do all sorts of other things." Alex hints suggestively.

I glare at him breifly before turning to the king. "A dress maker somewhere here has a dress made for me already. I need it as quickly as possible."

He nods and calls someone up.

"Ash, please don't do this." Alex begs.

"All I have brought you is pain. I'm finally agreeing with my father. He already has someone chosen for me and I have nothing against him. Arnen is a worthy-"

I'm cut off by his lips on mine. My eyes widen before I push him away.

My angel and demon are growling at me but I'm only caring about him and the fact my power to stay consious is lowering. Oh no, I haven't taken my dose.

"Guys, I am trying to protect him! Please understand this!" I plea to my angel and demon.

It is not your choice to make! We have worked hard to keep your father from killing him.

"I know!" I cry out. "I know! I feel just as bad as you both! I'm trying to protect him!"

Fine! He is human, he can live with another woman.

I sigh and slouch in my seat. "Are you okay?" The king asks. My head snaps up to look at him.

"Yeah. Just peachy." I mutter. I look over to Alex. "I need the bag my father gave you."

"Whats in it? All he said was that if you go into a comatose state then inject with it." He says and pulls a small bag off of his back.

I grab my backpack and dig through it, my body draining.

I pull out a needle filled with a dark red liquid. "You aren't part vampire too, right?" Alex tries to joke.

I feel my fangs elongate. "No, they are created from us. They are the weaker version of us." I take the need and press it into my arm.