39-I am busy getting Arnen's uniform wet

The fury on Alex's face scares me. I've never seen him this angry before. Then again, I haven't seen him in six years.

"Arnen, baby, you've met my mate, right?" I ask.

The tension is the hall is suffocating. "Yes, I have. He is the human prince I was supposed to kill."

The guards immediately stiffen when the sentence is out in the air.

"Welp, I immediately regret my decision." I mutter then speak up, looking at Ethan. "I need Keyon for a few days. I'm taking him with me."

He nods. "As you wish." I look to Alex. "I'm going to be in and out for the next few days. I will try to come around when yo-"

"Don't worry about me, Ash. I have my own schedule. Just come to me when you can, I can make time."

I snicker and spin in Arnen's arms before pushing him off of me.

"We need to talk with my father." I state before grabbing his ear and motioning for Keyon to follow.

We walk down the hall and I notice that Arnen is still wearing is uniform. I meet his eyes and see shock. Most likely from me creating a random portal. Something I haven't done in four years.

"I was busy." Is his response. I roll my eyes and throw him through the portal. Keyon jumps in after Arnen and I follow, closing the portal behind me.

I stand tall and glare down at my fiancé who decided to stay on the floor. "The one time I actually needed you, you didn't show up."

He stands and wraps his arms around me. "Baby, I couldn't get away. I'm sorry."

"Arnen, my demon and angel were fighting again. I couldn't control them and you weren't there to help my demon calm down and you know how she is with you. My wings almost came out."

His brown eyes widen in shock. "I was never told that!"

"You don't need to be told what's wrong with me for you to show up!" I snap. "You should show up if someone calls you and tells you that something is wrong with your fiancee."

"Ash, baby, I am-"

"The reason I want to talk to you is because I want to go back to my mate, Arnen. I want true love. I want someone who will be there for me when something goes wrong. I don't want someone obsessed with work so they make dates and plan around their work schedule. I'm sick of being put second. Hunting other demons isn't as important as caring and showing the one person you love what they mean to you.

"For fucks sake, Arnen, I'm the damn princess. You didn't need to work to survive but now you do. Let's see how your demon will respond to me rejecting him. Tell me how you feel. I want to know, really, because that is only a fraction of what I felt when I left that man back there."

Arnen looks to the floor in defeat as if he knew what he did was wrong. "Ash, please!"

"Did you ever love her?" Keyon asks, butting into the conversation. He pulls me from Arnen and hides me behind him. "Because if you do I call bullshit. This whole time all you wanted was the power. You put up with her only to-"

"Wrong! You are wrong!" Arnen growls, eyes glowing.

Shit! His demon is in control.

Let me out! Let me talk to him!

I close my eyes and let my demon surface. She walks out from behind Keyon and stops in front of Arnen.

"Baby, I want to know why you didn't show up. I want to know why you don't spend that much time with me." She purrs.