43- I literally saw you two days ago

Please don't die on me!

I listen to his heartbeat and hear it's steady but his breathing is slow.

He fell asleep, oh thank the-

"Ash, what did you do!?" Jessie asks in through our bond.

"What do you mean?"

I brush the hair from Alex's face, admiring his looks.

For a human, he doesn't look that bad.

He looks better than some of your demons but nothing like the angels.

"Ash, did you kill Richard Harvey?"

"Yes, why?"

"Because his parents are here and they are pissed off."

"I'm a tad-"

"Ash, do you want me to watch him for you?" Ethan's voice sounds out.

I look behind me and see Ethan and Keyon in the doorway. Ethan has his arm around Keyon in a way that screams he will kill you if you try to take what is his away.

"Will you contact me if he even remotely sounds like he is waking up?" I ask quietly.

Ethan smiles and nods. "I know what it is like marking your mate and you don't want to leave them. I will watch him and call you back when he wakes. I can mind link you, correct?"

I shift and move Alex to lay down. He grips onto my arm tightly, as if he knows I will leave.

I coax his sleeping form to let me go and stuff a pillow into his arms. He cuddles against it and I stand. Ethan walks towards me and I use one of my fangs to cut my thumb. I offer it to Ethan and he drinks some of my blood.

"This way you can contact me whenever you need to." I tell him before hugging him. "Thank you...for everything."

"I'm watching your mate for you? What causes the thanks?"

"Taking care of Keyon for me. For-"

"ASH! HURRY! PLEASE!" Jessie bellows.

I look to Keyon, slightly worried. "Please be careful. I have to go so I can't protect you."

"I'm fine. I have a whole pack to protect me."

I smile and create a portal, stepping into my room.

I quickly change into something that looks casual and I can kick ass in.

I hear the thundering off feet before Jessie and Damien appear in the doorway.

"Ash!" They both yell before capturing me into a hug.

I hug them back. "I missed you guys!"

"You don't visit enough!" Jessie whines.

"I literally saw you two days ago."

"King Damien!" A feminine voice yells out.

Damien gives me a scared look before running out of my room. Jessie follows after me when I chase after Damien.

"Damien, I have a question." I yell after him.

He stops and waits for me to catch up. "What is it?"

"My demon said something about an iron arrow. Was that what caused my back to burn?"

"Oh! A hunter showed up while you were watching Arnen die and saw your wings unfurl. He shot you right as your wings went out to their full length. And boy am I impressed. They are larger than dad's! And you know what wings mean!"