23-tool for power

Alex's POV

"Just wake up. I didn't put that big of a sedative on you." I whisper quietly.

"No, but I am ignoring you." She mutters.

"Why?" I ask now amused. I sit on the side of her bed and brush her hair from her face.

"Because you shot me in the back."

Her two colored eyes watch me for a moment before she sighs and scoots over. I lay beside her, above the sheets, and she cuddles against me. God, I don't even know the woman but I love the feeling of her against me. Maybe I can convince her tongo on a date so we can learn about each other.

"So...I was curious if you would like to go on a date with me tonight?" I ask her.

Her body stiffens before she relaxes again. "Where did this come from?"

"I know almost nothing bout you and you are my mate. Unless you reject me and leave, we are staying together. I thought it would be nice if we went on a date before I have to marry you." I explain.

She chuckles against my stomach. "Yes, perfect logic. Why would you have to marry me?"

"The ball tomorrow?" She nods and snuggles against me. "That is for me to pick a bride ao I can rule the kingdom with her by my side. That is the only way I could get the crown."

"I would love to go on a date then."

"I am still going to pick you." I assure her.

I watch her turn her head up to face me and her eyes are watery. I frown and pull her up so her head can rest on my shoulder.

"Whats wrong, baby girl?"

"My father is after me again." He voice wavers.

"Are you scared?" She shakes her head. "Then what is it?"

"I'm terrified. If he kills me then I'm dead. I can't be resurrected. And he can find me anywhere I go."

I pull the necklace from my pocket and dangle it from my forefinger and thumb by the clasp. The gem inside the charm lightsnup from the light coming from the window behind us.

Ash reaches a hand up to hold the charm. "It's pretty."

"Its yours. It masks your power to make you seem human. This way your father can't track you. Your brothers have one just like this, same with Keyon."

I clip it on her and pull her hair to lay above the chain. She holds the charm with one hand and looks at it while her head lays on my chest.

"Thank you." She says.

"Your welcome, princess." I kiss the top of her head.

Am I really falling for this girl? I feel protective and possessive over her but that could be the mate bond. No, I like the way she is protective over her family and me. For some reason that's a major turn on.

I like the way she has a careless attitude and how she doesn't give up. She fights for everything, making her stronger than we all realize.

She also isn't a bad thing to look at. She really has a nice figure and all the wonderful curves that should be held by a man.

And what I mean by "by a man" I mean held by ME.

"Alex?" She asks.

I humm in response and look down to her to see her already looking at me.

"Where are we?" She asks.

"A safe house for any supernaturals. I hid your power with a temporary charm until we got here and this place is power free too." I tell her.