20- only assholes wear sunglasses inside

Alex frowns and pulls me against him. "You are mine."

I slowly relax in his embrace. The sparks feel wonderful.

"I have to get you to my father's office. Come on." Alex whispers and carries me down the hall.

"This isn't weird." I mutter, placing my feet on his so my legs move along with his.

He stumbes a few times and I giggle. I feel his chest vibrate out of laughter and we get to the office. The mood turns gloomy and we stand apart. I snap my finger and have a new outfit consiting of a dark blue tank top with jean shorts and a pair of black converse, appears on me and my hair is brushed into a high ponytail.

Alex's face shows complete shock. "Can you do that to me!?"

I smile and nod. I snap my fingers and he appears in a t-shirt and pair of pants. His hair is slicked back and he has a pair of aviators on with a leather jacket over his shoulder.

"That is so cool!" He exclaims in happiness.

I grin and take the glasses from him. His gray eyes watch me closely while I cover both of my eyes.

I snap my fingers and my staff appears in my right hand and a belt full of weapons is on my waist. My marks are on full display and I look pretty badass.

Alex oogles me for a momemt before knocking on the door. A muffled voice yells out and Alex opens the door. Alex walks in with me slightly behind him.

His royal majesty is sitting behind his desk scribbling on papers. Alex stands in front of his fathers desk and knocks on it with a knuckle.

"Father, I brought the girl." Alex says in a formal manner.

The king's head snaps up and looks directly at me. I give him a small wave before offering my hand. "Ash Demon. Nice to meet you sir."

"I thought only assholes wear sunglasses inside." The kings says rudely.

Alex gaps at him while I smirk. I pull the glasses off and meet the king's eyes.

"I don't know, sir. I didn't want to frighten you." I sit in the chair gracefully and place my feet on his desk. A sign of disrespect.

"Well then, demon," he spits the word out like it's venomous. "What do I owe you for saving my son's life?"

I act uninterested by picking at my nails. "Hmmm...wonderful question that I haven't heard in ages. I want you to read Demonology and make sure it is chapter 31, section 5."

The king nods to Alex and Alex runs off to go get the book. He comes back a few seconds later and hands his father the book. The king skims through the pages and reads the article I told him to.

"Every royal demon has a true soul mate, just as every supernatural creature. The demon's mate can be of any species, mainly populated to human. There is a slim chance that the demon will be mated to a royal hunter. Prophecy claims that a female of both angel and demon will unite the hunters and demons." The king says and slams the book shut.

"I refuse. You cannot be his mate. You are a demon and we are a family of hunters. Screw the prophecy, you will not be my son's mate. He will live happily with a girl he chooses at the ball."

There is a knock on the door before it opens. Keyon and Ethan stroll in wirh a piece of paper in their hands.

"Thing is your majesty, is that I was invited. To protect your son originally but fate had to play a cruel hand on me. You see," I sit up and glare at the king. "I am a heir to the throne of Hell. A kingdom bigger than you could ever imagine. I wanted what I was born into not some tiny damn kingdom here. So tell me how your son isn't worthy of me?"

I lean back with an amused smirk. Keyon looks shocked while Ethan hands me the paper. It's a envelope. I open it and pull an invitation out. My amused smirk turns to a mischievous grin.

You are hereby invited to Royal Prince Alexander's ball. All suitable woman are invited to possibly become his royal highness's bride.

"Your majesty! The girl isn't demon!" An angel runs in, completely flustered. My face drops to an emotionless expression.

The king looks at me. "Stand and show me."

I stand up and unfurl my now white wings. I touch the right side. I have to admit, I miss my black wing. I want it back.

"It's okay, Ash." Alex says. I look over to him and see him giving me an encouraging smile.

"Look! I took after my mother!" I say happily. Then realization dawns on me. "Shit! Dad is gonna kill me!" I turn to Keyon, horrified.

His face morphs to fury and worry them to fear. "He can't, can he? He wouldn't. He wanted you so he got you but that's it. He never expected you to become a demon or anything. You are the third kid."

I nod and pulled my wings back in. "I'm screwed-"

"Belle!" Damien and Jessie's voice yell out. I turn toward the door to see my twin and older brother running through.

"Sorry, your majesty, but we need to take our sister." Another voice says. Walking into the office is the one and only Issac.

He has his wings on full display and they amaze me.

"Dad is after all three of us now, Ash, and you are his first target." Damien explains.

"Who the hell are you two!? And why the hell are you here!?" The king bellows, standing up.

"I'm the eldest of the Demon clan. And that one," Damien points to Jessie. "Is Ash's twin. We are here to save our sister from our father, the king of Hell."

The king smirks at me. "Looks like you are going to die this time."

I growl and jump to attack him.